Gibson Brands Forums

Re-make films

LarryUK

I've just seen ads for 'The Three Stooges' and 'Total Recall'. Why do they do it? It's very rare that these sort of films are as good as the original.

I watched a dvd of 'Don't be afraid of the dark' on Sunday. Utter tat! Who walks into a room and not puts the light on? If you knew there was a monster upstairs, would you go up and not put the lights on too? I've seen a lot of films in the last few years that I can't believe even got made.

Because there isn't one original idea in Hollywood. It's all remakes, sequels or garbage. I laugh when they say the script took years to write and then you see the finished film and realize these billionaire actor/producer/directors should be returning your money. I haven't been to a theater in a few years and sold all my dvds in our yardsale before we moved.

Guest rogerb

Many years ago Hollywood made a remake of The Lone Ranger while Clayton Moore was still living. He was making personal appearances at small gatherings to make a living. The Hollywood execs made him remove his mask, he was forced to wear oversized sunglasses. I boycotted their movie.

Yep, they are cheap to make because the studio already owns the rights and most of them have a proven built in audience. It's easy money.

I can see the new Total Recall being a worthy project. You don't mess with the Stooges though.

This is nothing new. They have been "re-making" movies from the very beginning.

Why do they do it? Because it's an easy way to make money. Period.

And after all, isn't that the reason they are doing this in the first place? You can't blame filmmakers, IMO.

You have to blame movie goers. As long as people are paying to see these movies, they will keep being made. :)

Archived