Gibson Brands Forums

Science!

Tman5293

Guest Farnsbarns

I have to say there was some bad science in there, theories presented as fact etc. I also thought it rather superficial if I'm honest. Not impressed.

Edit: I wasn't one of the people who minusef you though. That's just weird.

I have to say there was some bad science in there, theories presented as fact etc. I also thought it rather superficial if I'm honest. Not impressed.

I hadn't noticed the minuses....so I plussed him to bring it closer to 'zero'.

A few comments.

1. I gave you 100 negatives for spreading falsehoods. The Earth is ~6000 years old and dinosaur fossils were planted by the devil to trick us. Not sure where this several billion years ago thing came from.

2. The Earth is the center of the universe and sun goes around us.

3. Nebula are cosmic alien farts. Breathing them will cause instant death.

A few comments.

1. I gave you 100 negatives for spreading falsehoods. The Earth is ~6000 years old and dinosaur fossils were planted by the devil to trick us. Not sure where this several billion years ago thing came from.

2. The Earth is the center of the universe and sun goes around us.

3. Nebula are cosmic alien farts. Breathing them will cause instant death.

I'm so glad you're joking! Cause if you weren't I would have to question your sanity. msp_biggrin.gif

Which theories? Sure some of it is questionable but which specific theories were they presenting as fact?

I'm so glad you're joking! Cause if you weren't I would have to question your sanity. msp_biggrin.gif

At least I got you to post a smiley emoticon which I hope means you chuckled at my post.

Seriously, that is a pretty cool video. However, I would like to see more physicists pay homage to the fact that the passage of time is relative and that the gravity field you are in greatly affects that.

Does anyone here actually think the world is going to end in December?

I don't. There's people that deny because they're scared of dying, but that's not why I question the theory.

I just don't get how stuff like that can be calculated. It's like knowing exactly what notes you're going to play in a solo before the fact. Doesn't happen (unless it's planned. But you can't plan doomsday unless you actually plan on bombing or something....). The Mayan calender "ends" on the 21st, but it doesn't stop, it starts over. We'll go about our business. Hopefully the Mayans were right and the world will improve.

Maybe some tightwads made it up so they can skip out on their Xmas shopping! [flapper]

Seriously, that is a pretty cool video. However, I would like to see more physicists pay homage to the fact that the passage of time is relative and that the gravity field you are in greatly affects that.

Engineers have to account for this in many spacecraft designs.

Archived