Gibson Brands Forums

How could it passed the Quality control ???

Big Norm

I talked about this on another topic, but it was not the subject... I tought it would worth to see it in his own topic !!!I just bought a new Epi Dot at my local music store last saturday...brang it home...started to play... and suddenly I've seen this ( look at the picture ) I really did'nt notice it when I bought it ( I really tought it could'nt happen !) The owner at the store did a great job, ordering me a new one that I should have next thursday. It's called "Dianorgues, the rock shoppe". Diane called the rep from epiphone right away and she had me a new one instantly... That's the great service you have from your local music store instead of larger store... Anyway, I tought I would never see this on a new guitar... The chinese worker must have been drunk...lolll

986020photo.jpg

13 fret double dot unlucky for some... should have black mailed Epi qc... [thumbup]

LOL! Hell, I may have kept it just because.............

Why couldn't they have installed them all off one position?

Then if you use a capo on the first fret you'd be on the money! LOL.

Wow, I REALLY AM SURPRISED THAT WASN'T CAUGHT IN THE INSPECTION PROCESS!

I"m thinking I need to get a job with Epiphone as a QA inspector.....I can go in drunk, or just sleep,

or maybe not even go in and say I did!

13 fret double dot unlucky for some... should have black mailed Epi qc... [thumbup]

Just to make things right, I know it's not evident, but the "twin" dots are on the eleven instead of twelve frets...not 13 ! It does'nt make it better anyway !!!

I know, the picture does'nt show it well...

I've been thinking about this. The QC inspector just may have been a friend or relative of the factory's 12th fret double dot installer (no doubt a highly specialized position). He may have let it pass so that his friend/relative wouldn't be sent to a "re-education camp" and shown what happens when dots (especially the all important 12th fret doubles) are installed improperly. Gotta love those Chinese training protocols. B)

Archived