Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday John Lennon!

RaysEpiphone

Happy Birthday, John!

I also wanted to create the topic about it. But my computer broke, now bought a new one.

RaysEpiphone, you seem nice sing the Beatles, can you show this here?

That would be now pertinent, methinks. I also love to sing the Beatles, but my English sometimes... <_<

Wow, btoth76, thanks for your greetings in Russian. [thumbup] It is very nice to me.

Although I must admit that to sing in English it’s more pleasantly than in Russian.

English is probably better suited for singing, vocals.

While RaysEpiphone thinks to sing or not to sing, perhaps I'll open this singing :) , I Feel Fine. It was also in John's birthday. And then the BBC was in Russia.

The organizer of the concert asked our group to open this concert because other groups did not want to be in the beginning. Everyone wanted to play at the end. But in the beginning it was more spacious in the hall and the BBS fully recorded our performance. And then people became more in the hall after us and the BBC could not freely move and shoot other groups for the film. And so the BBC film have become generally with our musical support. I.e. because of we have agreed to start that concert (I even said some speech in honor of John :) ) we won other groups that our playing got to the BBC film.

It really saddens me that folks feel compelled to slam Yoko and her influence on John as the last item in this poll does.

John loved Yoko, he chose her to spend the rest of his life with. She gave him a beautiful boy and a love we should all be so fortunate to experience. Brother, that's good enough for me.

Peace

It really saddens me that folks feel compelled to slam Yoko and her influence on John as the last item in this poll does.

John loved Yoko, he chose her to spend the rest of his life with. She gave him a beautiful boy and a love we should all be so fortunate to experience. Brother, that's good enough for me.

Peace

Yoko didn't break up The Beatles at all (which is a petty rumor started by certain fans). But she was a catalyst. It's got nothing to do with her personally, mind you. You just don't bring your girl to recording sessions! That's common knowledge! She definitely caused some tension. Any of the other Beatle wives at the time wouldn't have been any different. But George didn't bring Patti around.

I chose the last option. Not because I dislike Yoko, but because a lot of fans didn't dig her so John's records would likely sell more without her. Not that he would have a problem with selling records....

But I gotta say this: Yoko was part of the reason Michael Jackson got a hold of The Beatles Catalog.

Wow, btoth76, thanks for your greetings in Russian. [thumbup] It is very nice to me.

Although I must admit that to sing in English it’s more pleasantly than in Russian.

English is probably better suited for singing, vocals.

Hello Valeriy!

You're welcome! I've spent my childhood in Russia, and graduated as a Russian translator. Unfortunately I don't have a Russian-lettered keyboard now, which makes typing quite difficult.

I think Russian is a very melodic language, sounds great for singing. Of course a Beatles song sounds better in English. In general, if You translate songs from the original language to any other, they fail...

Nice preformance! I was wondering what kind of guitar You were playing? Looks nice and sounds great!

Cheers... Bence

Hi btoth76!

Thank you very much for good words about Russian language.

Although I love to sing in English because there are many good songs in English, more than in Russian.

By the way I know some of your group: Hungary, Ilesh (it seems). The song Flight to Mars, it seems it was a hit by the band Hungary.

You obviously understood the intro in Russian of my video :) . That it was more clear for others. There, guys, at first, I misspoke saying “and OUR last thing...”

Then an insert is from the famous comedy film in Russia in which a man in the theater is mistaken similarly when he says that “Whether time came to do OUR Shakespeare?”

Further again, I correct myself “rather of the Beatles”. And the man says as like in response “That does not matter”. I.e. they are all Great, Shakespeare and the Beatles . And further the song I Feel Fine.

As regards my guitar, you are very astute, btoth76. This is indeed, it is possible to tell, just a flat board (this guitar is from a private unknown master).

But its sound thanks to ... :) there is my development on the basis of active electronics into my guitar. Maybe this will be implemented in production of electric (bass) guitars. At least I'm going to do it.

Happy Birthday, John!

I also wanted to create the topic about it. But my computer broke, now bought a new one.

RaysEpiphone, you seem nice sing the Beatles, can you show this here?

That would be now pertinent, methinks. I also love to sing the Beatles, but my English sometimes... <_<

I may have some recorded around here some where, I have a look or make a quick one and post it soon. And it is very good to meet a fellow Lennon/Beatles's fan from any where in the world my friend!

Hi btoth76!

Thank you very much for good words about Russian language.

Although I love to sing in English because there are many good songs in English, more than in Russian.

By the way I know some of your group: Hungary, Ilesh (it seems). The song Flight to Mars, it seems it was a hit by the band Hungary.

You obviously understood the intro in Russian of my video :) . That it was more clear for others. There, guys, at first, I misspoke saying and OUR last thing...

Then an insert is from the famous comedy film in Russia in which a man in the theater is mistaken similarly when he says that Whether time came to do OUR Shakespeare?

Further again, I correct myself rather of the Beatles. And the man says as like in response That does not matter. I.e. they are all Great, Shakespeare and the Beatles . And further the song I Feel Fine.

As regards my guitar, you are very astute, btoth76. This is indeed, it is possible to tell, just a flat board (this guitar is from a private unknown master).

But its sound thanks to ... :) there is my development on the basis of active electronics into my guitar. Maybe this will be implemented in production of electric (bass) guitars. At least I'm going to do it.

Hello Valeriy!

The band "Illés" used to be huge in 60s/early 70s. They were the "Hungarian Beatles", but their biggest hit, they are still respected and loved for is the rock opera "King Stephan" ("István a király" - in Hungarian). Unfortunately the band leader died a few years ago, and there are serious (political) conflicts between the members.

Oh! Those Russian movies! I've recently watched the TV series of "Master and Margaritha" - it was brilliant! Still my favorite is the movie version of Ilya Ilf's and Yevgeniy Petrov's "Twelve Chairs" (with Archil Gomiashvili as Ostap Bender). Nothing comes close to Russian literature and cinematography!!! I can highly recommend all areas of Russian art to everyone! Just can't go wrong with it!

Cheers... Bence

Yes, btoth76, there are masterpieces in our cinema.

Our cinema was at the height of 60-70 years of the 20th century as well as our classical literature in the 19th century, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy etc.

But after the 80th best actors suddenly began to die and, about 40 years of age (V. Vysotskiy, O. Dahl, A. Mironov, A. Papanov…). After that, masterpieces disappeared.

Politicization and censorship ruined our movie.

While, yes, “Master and Margarita” stands a particularly from other last films. And "Twelve Chairs" are also with A. Mironov as Ostap Bender,

it is also cool!

Yes, btoth76, there are masterpieces in our cinema.

Our cinema was at the height of 60-70 years of the 20th century as well as our classical literature in the 19th century, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy etc.

But after the 80th best actors suddenly began to die and, about 40 years of age (V. Vysotskiy, O. Dahl, A. Mironov, A. Papanov…). After that, masterpieces disappeared.

Politicization and censorship ruined our movie.

While, yes, “Master and Margarita” stands a particularly from other last films. And "Twelve Chairs" are also with A. Mironov as Ostap Bender,

it is also cool!

Hello Valeriy! Yes, many couldn't survive within the frames of that regime - we had many such losses too. Vysotskiy is still huge in Hungary - many-many love and remember Him. My parents are actually huge fans of His art. A great Hungarian blues musician Péter Földes ("Hobo Blues Band") still maintains His memory here by playing His songs.

You mentioned 19th century as the best times of the Russian literature. I think the contemporaty literature is great too. Solohov, Solzhenitsyn (even though mentioning these two after each other is blasphemy), Ribakov...

Cheers... Bence

Hi btoth76! I am glad that there is a man here who well knows and appreciates my country. But, btoth76, let's go back to John Lennon. I remembered now, maybe it will be interesting to you.

One day I found a singing man on the Internet, he was just a fan of Elvis and he did not sing anything else. But how he sang Elvis - it seemed interesting to me.

So I decided to invite him to act together with us at a concert dedicated to John Lennon. And then our performance exceeded expectations. I sang Revolution, it seems, Starting Over…. But it turned out that if there are songs of the Beatles and Elvis together in one concert the effect is very strong [thumbup] . The audience just went crazy from such happiness. And also we slightly modernized these songs, for example, some rock & roll songs of Elvis have not guitar solo and we done it etc. For example, Don’t Be Cruel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPz3NyiiPmA

And I think John would not be against Elvis songs together with the Beatles songs at one program. He also liked Elvis, here John's rare record, Don’t Be Cruel too. And, guys, this is a natural John Lennon [lol] :

That singer, Elvis fan, understood my idea about the program of Beatles & Elvis songs, but he then began to drink and generally stopped singing. And unfortunately we have not done such program [crying] . Usually all do either only songs of the Beatles or just Elvis. But people got used to it.

Btoth76, Rays and guys, what do you think about this?

Hello! I think early Beatles and Elvis goes together very well. They seem to be grown out of the same seed, but Beatles went into another (experimental) direction with all their pshycedelic stuff later. Great singer! Too bad He chose a wrong path to go. Cheers... Bence

Archived