Gibson Brands Forums

$75,000 Les Paul

CoreyT

Yeah, it sounded very nice when he was doing some Led Zep on it.

I wish I had a studio like that too, good gosh, lots of eye candy there.

Some of those amps I have never heard of before.

Roppoli was the name of the one he used for the Zep tone.

Yeah, it sounded very nice when he was doing some Led Zep on it.

I wish I had a studio like that too, good gosh, lots of eye candy there.

Some of those amps I have never heard of before.

Roppoli was the name of the one he used for the Zep tone.

Yeah, Lou Roppoli is a local guy here in Mississauga/Oakville area in Ontario, Canada. Great guy, great amps, he also works at a local music store.

-Ryan

Yeah, Lou Roppoli is a local guy here in Mississauga/Oakville area in Ontario, Canada. Great guy, great amps, he also works at a local music store.

-Ryan

Hello Ryan! I wonder where can be one of those Roppoli Plexis are purchased? Couldn't find a working website. Cheers... Bence

OMG, it's Phil X Yeah!...

The guy I both love to hate and hate to love.

He's a great player, but his music is... well, not to my taste,

and he really knows what he's talking about, but talks like he's 13.

Maybe I'm just jealous about all the great guitars he gets to play with [rolleyes]

Hello Ryan! I wonder where can be one of those Roppoli Plexis are purchased? Couldn't find a working website. Cheers... Bence

Your best bet would probably be contacting Lou on his twitter @RoppoliAmps. He's working on his website at the moment. He's a custom builder, so it isn't something you can just buy in a store.

Regards,

-Ryan

Your best bet would probably be contacting Lou on his twitter @RoppoliAmps. He's working on his website at the moment. He's a custom builder, so it isn't something you can just buy in a store.

Regards,

-Ryan

Thank You, Ryan! Cheers... Bence

Phil X is always good value for money and those amps sounded good. I especially liked the tones he coaxed out of the AC30.

The guitar left me strangely unimpressed. I don't know why. I usually like that kind of thing.

Perhaps he was using too much gain too much of the time but it didn't 'sing' as I've heard others do in his extremely capable hands.

P.

Archived