Gibson Brands Forums

Lance Armstrong

Rocky4

He was pedaling drugs

He was high up in the chain of command. The others were just small cogs. But maybe I spoke too soon. Perhaps they were just trying to frame him. The whole thing is nuts anyway. In any case, I'm tyred. Good night.

BG, it's not only about having a level playing field but the health of the athletes, whether personal health or in the case of contact sports the health of your opponents. Can we go ahead and strip those home run titles now?

I really doubt at this day in age and how many of the sports we all love to watch have been so comercialized, the "personal health" of the athlete is a main concern. Hell, athletes are paid Millions in salary. It's all about "MONEY" and how a popular athlete can make money for the orginization and their endorsments. If personal health was such a main factor, then boxing would of been in question a long time ago as well as American Football, as those two sports have the higest injuries, specially trama to the brain.

They've both been in question for a long time, but you already answered your own question on why it hasn't been resolved: money (those who profit from it, including the players). Lawsuits have popped up over repeated head injuries incurred in the NFL, mostly by those who are suffering the injuries and have long since stopped making money from the game, and with the attention drawn to it more and more rules (as well as research into protective equipment) have been enacted to protect the players. You probably won't ever see someone sue a sport because they chose to wreck their long term health by injecting steroids in order to make the big bucks and become a superstar. Because there are rules against it and they chose to violate those rules and inject themselves.

I thinks its total BS :angry: .......So what now are we going to strip all history's sports stars of there achievements that have ever used perfomance or strength encasing substances??? [thumbup] That's hilarious......What a absolute crock of ****!!! You'd be stripping at least Quarter of Histories sports starts of there achievements......Take fighters for example.....You'd be stripping 90% of of all world title holders of there belts....If not 95%.....And footballers, And hockey players and and and and and......... Leave Lance alone.....Its a witch hunt for news stories only and destroying a world class athletes life...... What happens when the medias done with it....Poor Lance has been mowed down and the media goes on another withch hunt.....Fkn assholes!!!

I thinks its total BS :angry: .......So what now are we going to strip all history's sports stars of there achievements that have ever used perfomance or strength encasing substances??? [thumbup] That's hilarious......What a absolute crock of ****!!! You'd be stripping at least Quarter of Histories sports starts of there achievements......Take fighters for example.....You'd be stripping 90% of of all world title holders of there belts....If not 95%.....And footballers, And hockey players and and and and and......... Leave Lance alone.....Its a witch hunt for news stories only and destroying a world class athletes life...... What happens when the medias done with it....Poor Lance has been mowed down and the media goes on another withch hunt.....Fkn assholes!!!

From what I've read, from 1999 to 2005, the years Armstrong won, there will be no winners. I thought they would give it to the second place winners.

The world and Lance himself both put Lance on a very high pedestal by lying to all the fans about what was probably the worst kept secret in sports. If your doping that's one thing if you say your against it and lead campaigns for cleaner sports while being one of the worst abusers it's a different story! That's the bad thing about pedestal's the higher your raised the farther the fall. As for the comment on politicians there only accountable to the voters not a moral majority.

Doping was flagrant in the history of sports, I played football all through high school and college and the use of steroids was so common they were handed out from the trainers like water. Even worse than that was the use of steroid and painkilling injections at injury sites. I can remember sitting in a training room having my knees shot full of steroids and Novocain to get through games until the off season where they would schedule us for needed surgeries. I remember having drops put in my eyes to restrict the pupils when concussions and the leftovers of concussions made it so you couldn't stand the bright lights without throwing up. Sure i wish now I would have said screw that and walked off but honestly the thought never even crossed my mind during my playing years.

Competition is a strong drug all by itself that's why they have bodies of people that try to keep it fair and safe if it wasn't regulated the athletes would use anything that helped and never even think about it.

People knew that there was doping going on in cycling for a long time. And like with baseball, the sport of cycling didn't protect itself.

Greg Lemond, the only other American to win the Tour de France, claimed for years that Armstrong was doping. But he was not willing to divulge the details of what he claimed to know. I thought for awhile that Lemond was just jealous, but it turned out he was right.

So I threw out my Lance Armstrong refrigerator magnet. [glare]

Here is a news flash, during the first Olympic Games in Greece, the participants were doping. Marathon runners chewed the leaves of plants that gave them energy. Check out the list of Tour de France winners who have been caught doping in the last 30 years.

I read the SI article on the issue. Apparently, in Europe, the attitude is cyclist cheat, no biggie. In the US, it's taken more seriously. Although still nothing concrete as far as proof.

What about race car teams that use illegal parts?

Archived