Gibson Brands Forums

Lets vote on something really important

Bongoscot

I voted Honey Sunburst.

I absolutely love Trans-Amber but IMO it needs to be paired with a stunning and interesting bit of Maple. The stunning bit isn't usually a problem; the interesting bit is.

With Honey Sunburst it can work on everything from a Plain-top to a wonderful slab of flame.

But then I'm hardly impartial.......my own 'Honey' is shown in post #3 in the 'What's your LPs Name' thread......

P.

Wow, Honeyburst is running away with it so far. It really is a tough choice for me as they are all stunning to me. I could almost do the eeny meeny miney system and come out happy, however, one consideration is that I can get the Honey and the fireball on sale at a price that is $200 less than the Goldy and $300 less than the trans amber, so if that Honeyburst is still in stock on Monday it will probably be mine, if not I think I will rule out the fireball because I think I prefer the natural grain back over the dark back. Thanks guys, keep the votes coming.

Tomorrow is the day I place my order and I have one final question before I decide, it seems that on the backs of 2 of the guitars I am considering, 1 seems to have a seam down the center with seperate woodgrain as if 2 pieces and another has a grain that flows over the center as if it is one solid piece of wood. My totally uneducated guess would be that a solid 1 piece back would be more desirable than a back with a seem down the middle. Is there any logic to my though or are they built so that it really doesnt make a difference? Thanks for all of your help guys.

Tomorrow is the day I place my order and I have one final question before I decide, it seems that on the backs of 2 of the guitars I am considering, 1 seems to have a seam down the center with seperate woodgrain as if 2 pieces and another has a grain that flows over the center as if it is one solid piece of wood. My totally uneducated guess would be that a solid 1 piece back would be more desirable than a back with a seem down the middle. Is there any logic to my though or are they built so that it really doesnt make a difference? Thanks for all of your help guys.

Makes not a jot of difference except to your aesthethic sensibilities. For me, I'd prefer one piece but that's just me.

That's a great sounding and looking Les Paul, Bongoscot! Many congrats on a fine score!

I loved the clip. The guy in the demo might not be as wacky as Phil-X but his demo is much more valuable in that he highlights the guitar rather than his own (very capable!) playing skills.

Have fun when it arrives!

[thumbup]

...It's pretty heavy for being chambered, isnt it?...

I've just double-checked, blueslespaultone, and the 2012 Standard has the new 'wheel-spoke' style of weight-relief rather than the chambering used previously.

P.

Archived