Gibson Brands Forums

Lets get Randy with Ozzy

Rabs

I was just watching those an hour before you posted! Coincidence?

Ah, his white Les Paul Custom gives me a hard on...

Sharon is a piece of work, however. Very immature of her to media fight with Eddie Trunk and Bruce Dickinson without backing it up (except for sabotaging Maiden's gig at Ozzfest that one time...). She's the reason we haven't seen Ozzy on That Metal Show.

Is Mr Crowley a wee bit slow in comparison to the record? Seems a little laboured to me..I love Randys playing . Saw him at Sheffield City Hall so many years ago on the Blizzard of Oz tour. Brilliant...both Ozzy and Randys pinacle I think. [thumbup]

I love to think about what he would have done had he lived. Especially since he wasn't a party animal like some of his counterparts (EVH, I'm pointing directly to you...). Now, if he, Eddie, and Alex Lifeson could have got together back in those days, that would have been something.

But it's comforting to know that he's up in Heaven jamming with two of his musical heroes: Mick Ronson and Glen Buxton (of the original Alice Cooper band).

• 1 month later...

While Randy was never a drug user or heavy boozer (although he was a smoker), his death was indirectly related to drugs and alcohol.

**** AIRPLANES!

Hmmm......back in the 70s way before Ozzy, Randy partied just like any other local rocker when he was with quiet riot. He may have mellowed out after quiet riot, but he certainly partied as I remembered when they played around the L.A. clubs.

Archived