Gibson Brands Forums

Amazing acoustic performances

BobB

That really is technically brilliant. No two ways about it.

But it brings to mind that old Richard Thompson quote, "I'm glad there are alot of guitar players pursuing technique as diligently as they possibly can, because it leaves the whole other area open to people like me." I guess I am more a fan of the "other area."

That really is technically brilliant. No two ways about it.

But it brings to mind that old Richard Thompson quote, "I'm glad there are alot of guitar players pursuing technique as diligently as they possibly can, because it leaves the whole other area open to people like me." I guess I am more a fan of the "other area."

Loved Richard Thompson since the Fairport Convention days.

Loved Richard Thompson since the Fairport Convention days.

Tell me about it. Unfortunately Fairport did not tour the States until 1970 with the Full House lineup so I never got to see them in the heyday with Sandy Denny (although I did catch a later lineup with Denny back in the fold but no Thompson.

But there were those of us back in the 1960s who knew that Eric Clapton wasn't God - Richard Thompson was.

Tell me about it. Unfortunately Fairport did not tour the States until 1970 with the Full House lineup so I never got to see them in the heyday with Sandy Denny (although I did catch a later lineup with Denny back in the fold but no Thompson.

But there were those of us back in the 1960s who knew that Eric Clapton wasn't God - Richard Thompson was.

What was God were in those PAF Pickups,that Marshall Ampliier & those British made tubes : )

Either that is a huge classical guitar or Muriel is a tiny lady. I never knew she was so petite! :)

She is very petite and extremely talented. I am amazed that someone of her small stature plays so effortlessly on this hugh harp guitar.

Well, JonS beat me to Tommy.

Here's one from the jazzier side (which you would expect from me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xak7cp258YQ

Sensational from TE as always, but a bit of a 'show-off' medley!

I saw him playing about 30 years ago and had no idea at all what he was playing and guess what? After practicing possibly every day since, I still don't know what he is doing....

BluesKing777.

Sensational from TE as always, but a bit of a 'show-off' medley!

I saw him playing about 30 years ago and had no idea at all what he was playing and guess what? After practicing possibly every day since, I still don't know what he is doing....

BluesKing777.

theres absolutely no denying his talent , but i dont know if i could sit through a whole concert of it ....

hey BK , somedays i dont even know what I'M doing !!

Archived