Gibson Brands Forums

First Zeppelin Song You Learned

BIGBENDS

probably stairway, all except the solo (I wasn't that good after 6 months of playing!) But now I'm working on Good Times Bad Times solo and the Thank You solo from the BBC Sessions (If you have not heard this solo, go find it and listen to it right now! One of Page's best solos! Also transcribed on GuitarPro)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stairway intro, of course. Chick magnet...

First completely learned song would have been Black Dog. Right now I have a thing for When the Levee breaks(my current pump it up on full in yer car-song), and No Quarter(weird and wonderful).

And I'm soon 28 years old, so this thread is not for geezers only. =P~

• 2 weeks later...

Over the Hills And Far Away...would've thought Stairway...but I had a good teacher for "Over.." some dude in High School that lived and breathed playing...last I saw him he was getting into alternate tunings back in '73...like keys of C, G and D...weird guy, but a great guitarist.

After "Over..", I started working on Rock and Roll, D'yer Mak'er, The Ocean. I eventually learned "Stairway" all the way through, solo and all...but don't ever thing of demoing a guitar in a store playing that song...I hear they will ride you out on a rail followed by all those crazy people with pitchforks and torches!

Archived