Gibson Brands Forums

First Zeppelin Song You Learned

BIGBENDS

This thread is no doubt for us older players. Which Led Zeppelin song did you learn to play first on the geetar when you were young and learning Pagey's licks and smoking the wacky tobacky? I learned Communication Breakdown from the first album, and from there I was obsessed with learning Zeppelin. "i got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine!" - Led Zeppelin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the first I learned all the way through would be Rock and Roll, followed by Stairway, followed by Black Dog. I do an acoustic Howlin' Wolf version of Black Dog in my Second Life shows that's a lot of fun.

This thread is no doubt for us older players. Which Led Zeppelin song did you learn to play first on the geetar when you were young and learning Pagey's licks and smoking the wacky tobacky? I learned Communication Breakdown from the first album' date=' and from there I was obsessed with learning Zeppelin. "i got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine!" - Led Zeppelin[/quote']

The first riff was the opening riff from Heartbreaker..... quite possibly the greatest Rock-N-Roll tune of all time.

But I suppose the first song was either "In My Time of Dying" or "Thank You."

I want to learn Bron Yr Stomp before I die.

I actually don't a ton of their stuff, but I know bits and pieces of damn near every song.....

I learned "Hey Hey What Can I Do" not to long ago...... It's a great acoustic that most folks know.

you know almost every guitarist i know are like i can play stairway, it makes my mad though cause they can only play that first little riff and nothing else. im like learn the rest of the song damnit! D=<

anyways i think it's kinda a tie between heartbreaker and stairway for me, i learned the riff and the rythm part to heartbreaker first but i still dont know the solo (im going to start working on it soon though) and i learnt stairway second and i know all of it including the solo. im also working on communication breakdown and will soon start on whole lotta love.

a little off topic but did you guys see page at the olympdics (duh :-k who doesnt watch them?) it thought that was great. even though the solo was pretty short he did an awesome job with it. that was my favorite part of the olympics.

I first HAD to learn "The Ocean" because that was one of the best songs on the "Houses of The Holy" album. That song got me into Zeppelin, after that it was "Black Dog" "Stairway To Heaven" "Whole Lotta Love" "The Lemon Song" "Heartbreaker" "Kashmir"...

I'm only 17 and I have listened since I was...ohhh geez, 8 or 9

Archived