Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD My First Gibson SG Standard

Gary Moore Tribute

For those who've known me I've owned a few SG's over the years from Epiphone & Vintage

But FINALLY I get a decent one...

SAM_1263_zps977e3971.jpg

SAM_1262_zpsaf9f98b4.jpg

SAM_1265_zpsb20a507e.jpg

SAM_1264_zps5dbd6946.jpg

Made March 2012, this is a Coil Split Model with an unusual Burstbucker 1 & 3 Combination

The caps are the (somewhat diddy) blue dots

Its a "Classic White" finish and to my understanding these finishes are very small runs, mainly because their a pain to spray cleanly...

So Its a nice inclusion to the collection...

Very cool white SG.

I'm sure you know the care to take with white finishes - keep it waxed, watch out for clothes with strong dyes that haven't been washed, especially when damp/sweaty, etc.

Interesting electronic setup. She looks great. Congrats. . B)

Finally I get some info on my guitar . I have the same exact guitar and noticed the Gibson site did not post any pictures of it I also bought the classic white because of its somewhat rarity. how do you like the burst bucker 1 and 3 set up. I have found myself playing it more and more lately . What is the difference in the caps?

Finally I get some info on my guitar . I have the same exact guitar and noticed the Gibson site did not post any pictures of it I also bought the classic white because of its somewhat rarity. how do you like the burst bucker 1 and 3 set up. I have found myself playing it more and more lately . What is the difference in the caps?

SDC10036.jpg

As you can see in the image the caps are quite small (Pic from one of my pre modified Traditional's) I prefer to fit some vintage caps usually bumbles. The main reason is it reduces the high tones just enough and I think it sounds better for it...

I love the combination the BB3 is a very bright pickup compared to the BB1 and I found using the coil tap on the BB3 you can go from casual to LOUD with just the push in of pot.

Having a Valve amp certainly helps you to hear its true potential tho...

That is one sweet looking white standard. I have a natural burst split coil SG with the BB1/BB3 combo and those little blue caps. I hate those caps, I have them in a few other SG's and my LP Trad. I swapped them out for orange drop caps. I also did a swap on the split coils, I moved the 500k volume push/pulls to the tone postiion and rewired them for tone pots and installed 300K linear volume pots, to me sounds and controls better. Anyway excellent SG.

Thanks for the information. I am not a professional guitar player I just enjoy playing old rock mostly rush and Sabbath and all in between. I started playing a couple years ago and don't know why I waited so long other than working 60 hours a week for 30 years. lol I guess I am like a sponge right now. Learning all I can about tones. I was a little surprised to see my 2011 classic white coil splitting sg pictured here though. lol

Very cool white SG.

I'm sure you know the care to take with white finishes - keep it waxed, watch out for clothes with strong dyes that haven't been washed, especially when damp/sweaty, etc.

Interesting electronic setup. She looks great. Congrats. . B)

thanks for the information . I know it wasn't meant for me but I am kinda new to this and I do want to keep my classic white looking new. this forum is a great info source.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived