Gibson Brands Forums

New to the forum - intro

steelntunes

First off, hello to all from the mild mannered motorcity - Detroit MI. New to the forum, and a proud new owner of a Epiphone Sheraton II. I`ve been a Fender fella but I must say that this Sheraton is stunning. I was hoping for some help decoding the guitar. Ser# 1012211662 VS LH. Thats right folks, a lefty. Mom always said I was special :>). Happy to be part of this forum.

post-53260-019463500 1360087443_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard!

I lived in Detroit and the Detroit suburbs until I finally bailed to a more sensible climate (Florida). Sheratons are great guitars. Epiphone's are the best they're ever been as far as materials and workmanship, and the current models have very good PU's in them. Maybe we can cure you of this Fender affliction.

Mom always said I was Special :>).

Then she should have named you Ed. (kidding)

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats, nice guitar!

I probably live down the street, give or take 50 miles.

(Just north a Ann Arbor)

For new members only:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

(Hit Play)

As far as I can tell your guitar was made in Dec of 2010 at the Unsung, Korea Factory.

Production number 1662.......VS = vintage sunburst. LH = Love Heineken.

Willy

Then she should have named you Ed. (kidding)

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats, nice guitar!

I probably live down the street, give of take 50 miles.

(Just north a Ann Arbor)

For new members only:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

(Hit Play)

As far as I can tell your guitar was made in Dec of 2010 at the Unsung, Korea Factory.

Production number 1662.......VS = vintage sunburst. LH = Love Heineken.

Willy

Hey Willy,

Thanks for the history info on the Epi, and to you and the others for the welcome. I sense that this forum has a calmer crowd than some auto related forums tat I belong to. As for location, actually in Berkley. Minimally north of Detroit, so yep not so far. In regards to the Sheraton, I am honestly quite impressed with the fit/finish. Kudos to the Koreans that were or are building these. Can`t wait to really get the feel for this one.

Hey Willy,

I sense that this forum has a calmer crowd than some auto related forums tat I belong to. As for location, actually in Berkley. Minimally north of Detroit, so yep not so far. In regards to the Sheraton, I am honestly quite impressed with the fit/finish. Kudos to the Koreans that were or are building these. Can`t wait to really get the feel for this one.

I was a 'solid-body-only' guy for years, until I got a Sheraton. I should have gotten one sooner. They always seem to sound great, and are so comfortable.

Berkley, been there many times. You're close to the Zoo, one of my favorite places, I knew some of the curators and keepers there. I lived in Clawson, Birmingham, Beverly Hills, and Oak Park at various times. Wound up in NW Detroit before leaving the state 30 years ago.

The 24 3/4 scale and flatter fingerboard radius are more to my preference than the longer typical Fender solidbody.

I'd say that the 335-type Dots are exceptional values. Actually I recently picked up another Dot. Could have afforded the fancier version, but... I guess I'll leave a bit more bling for the full hollows.

m

steelntunes .... Very nice !!!! I am a fellow lefty and I had a Sheraton a while ago when I could not play electric (I didn't know what to do with it after playing acoustic). I sadly sold it .. But, I have a Cherry Dot now and am happy :)

Hope you all the best with the Sherry ... It is a very nice guitar !!

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Nice Dot!! ("I can stop drooling now").

I have about 4 or so Strats myself. Nothing to be ashamed of, I go to the meetings all the time. You know the ones where you stand up and say Hi I'm STATE YOUR NAME and I'm a Strat Player. Then everyone gasps![unsure]

Archived