Gibson Brands Forums

Eric Clapton playing Lucy Gibson Les Paul

tazzboy

Lucy is another Holy Grail guitar,George went through considerable trouble to get her back years ago when she was stolen.The guitar will always have a special place in music folklore because of it being the guitar Clapton gave George after he played the lead of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.3 Years ago my missus gave me a Les Paul the same colour as Lucy for Christmas and I had a small gold nameplate with "Lucy" engraved on it,put on the pickguard since I'm such a George Harrison fanatic.Now if only I could play that lead break.

BTW: The guy who portrays George in the Beatles tribute band "Rain" can do an absolutely flawless note for note cover of Clapton's lead break when they perform "While My Guitar....."-he's simply astounding with his precision.

Such a cool history with that guitar even before Eric bought it.

Shame it's gonna be so over priced. Something reasonable and I'd scoop one up in a second.

+1 [thumbup] Be nice (though highly unlikely), if Gibson USA did a "non-relic'd" straight version,

at a decent price point. Well, I can dream, at least. [biggrin]

CB

+1 [thumbup] Be nice (though highly unlikely), if Gibson USA did a "non-relic'd" straight version,

at a decent price point. Well, I can dream, at least. [biggrin]

CB

Or even a stuido tribute model like they did with Joe B...

Id get one of those..

I love to hear these pioneers of Blues and Rock talk. They could make a TV show with this stuff. Great thread. Thank you. [thumbup]

Great to hear them talk if you like listening to a guy whose brain is so fried he can't complete a sentence, doesn't remember what band he was in when, talks about the amp more than the guitar, doesn't realize the guitar is relic VOS and says right off - "Oh it's pretty marked up". Jeez I thought he was supposed to be sober for quite a few years - guess the damage was already done. While I'm bashing him might as well mention that I don't think he ever played an original lick in his life - everything he did was ripped off from Ledbelly, Howlin Wolf and other old American blues players.

Archived