Gibson Brands Forums

Hi Everybody

mackles73

Brand spankin new here folks! Love Gibson guitars. Currently own a Gibson Les Paul studio and am desperately trying to save for a Gibson Hummingbird! If anyone knows of good websites to find a deal I would appreciate it!

Thanks for having me!

Jason

Brand spankin new here folks! Love Gibson guitars. Currently own a Gibson Les Paul studio and am desperately trying to save for a Gibson Hummingbird! If anyone knows of good websites to find a deal I would appreciate it!

Thanks for having me!

Jason

Try searching gbase.com, type in Gibson Hummingbird, and have fun shopping! Depending on where you are located, see if you can get to some shops and try out a handful. Try to avoid the model years between about 1968 and 1982 if you can.

Lots of people here say the Hummingbird TV (True Vintage) is notably superior to the Standard, which unfortunately means saving up even more pennies.

Go to the Gibson Website and check for 5-star dealers in your area and hopefully there will be one near enough to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Jason, there are a lot of flakes and weirdos in this here forum, thankfully I'm not one of them. (lol) If you do get your Hummingbird, please post pics of the guitar or even better vids so we can see and HEAR your new baby!!! The reason I'm asking you to do this, is because a lot of folks on the forum can't actually read, so it would be helpful. Seriously, One thing about this forum, is that there are some VERY knowledgable folks in here about current and vintage Gibson's, no matter how obscure. For example, there are Hummingbird Pros, Hummingbird Artists, Hummingbird True Vintage, Hummingbird Legends, Hummingbird Standards, Hummingbird Re-issues etc. etc., and everyone is different....and there are folks who know all these differences and can be VERY HELPFUL in your search!!! So make yourself at home, welcome, and enjoy your time here!!!

... If anyone knows of good websites to find a deal I would appreciate it!

You probably know this already, but just in case you don't ... Gibson sets a minimum price that dealers can advertise, and it's always substantially higher than a good price. You'll never see a good price on a new Gibson on an authorized dealer's website. You need to contact the dealer and ask for their best price. For example, Sweetwater shows as MSRP of $4000 and a MAP of $3100 for the Hummingbird Modern Classic. A good price would be hundreds less, and excellent price would be around $700 less.

-- Bob R

Archived