Gibson Brands Forums

My new one

MR GIBS

Hallo there,

Puled the trigger on this one on e-bay and got it tree days ago.

Once I had a 12 string in my life, but it was a guitar that first was a 6 string and then I remade it to 12 string.

Was not so confortable to play, but it sounded... And on top of everything when I divorced my ex jumped on top of that one... Years after I told her that she owes me a 12 string and she answered that I owe her one life...

Actually I got this one to play in my grup with it in clubs and in the studio during recordings and moreover the plant that instrument was made doesn't exist anymore.

Made in New Hartford CT. Serial #NQ344004 (2013).

So now I have two instruments made in that plant in 2013 and they are fantastic guitars!!!

2_zps5e4346cd.jpg

7_zps46afab16.jpg

I plan to put Elixirs on it.

Cheers!P.S. And I found something very strange: according to the serial number this guitar is the 4-th F-412 made on the 10-th of december 2013. This is MY birthday!

Hallo there,

Once I had a 12 string in my life, but it was a guitar that first was a 6 string and then I remade it to 12 string.

Was not so confortable to play, but it sounded... And on top of everything when I divorced my ex jumped on top of that one... Years after I told her that she owes me a 12 string and she answered that I owe her one life...

Actually I got this one to play in my grup with it in clubs and in the studio during recordings and moreover the plant that instrument was made doesn't exist anymore.

So now I have two instruments made in that plant in 2013 and they are fantastic guitars!!!

2_zps5e4346cd.jpg

7_zps46afab16.jpg

Cheers!

What a beauty Mr G. In the land of the 12, Guild is the only way to go.

Congratulations.

Congratulations, Mr Gibs!

Which model is that?

Dangerously, there is a similar guitar at a used guitar shop about a 100 mile drive........

Yes, Elixirs are a good idea to miss changing 12 strings every few weeks - with my Gibson 12, I also tune down a 2 steps to save the top tension - capo for standard tuning and playing with friends.....

BluesKing777.

Hallo there,

2_zps5e4346cd.jpg

7_zps46afab16.jpg

Cheers!

Nice! I had a 12 string a wile back, picked it up on ebay for a song....it was a Cort Earth (Korean made) and a lot of fun. I had to thin the heard a while ago and it went to a woman in SC. To this day I miss having it around. If I ever do decide I need another 12 string I'm going with Guild...IF I can afford one built in the USA. They are the twelve to beat if I understand the industry at all.

This is a Guild F-412 (spruce/maple)Sounds beter than it looks (my opinion)Two months ago I saw a non expensive 12 string acoustic Taylor, presented in youtube by Andy Powers, It started a GAS and in the end I decided that on my age I need the best.And I got it.Man, this guitar kills at the first srtum!

This is a Guild F-412 (spruce/maple)Sounds beter than it looks (my opinion)Two months ago I saw a non expensive 12 string acoustic Taylor, presented in youtube by Andy Powers, It started a GAS and in the end I decided that on my age I need the best.And I got it.Man, this guitar kills at the first srtum!

Congrats, Mr. G, I agree with you, that Guild is the best 12. I have an Alvarez 12, which I love, but I don't think it sounds as good as the Guild 12's I have heard played. I have Elixirs on my 12 and they last a long time. Happy strumming, can't wait to hear you play your 12 string music. [thumbup]

congratulations Mr gibbs.

looks lovely.

not a huge fan of twelve strings myself but am still jealous !

taylor gets a bus wrap in here but their 12 strings are meant to be a good job.

neil young plays one so they can't be all that bad . I've also seen him more often with one of those lovely guild ones though.

enjoy yourself !!

I think you will like a 12-string. For me, it rounded out my guitar collection. Too bad that Gibson really doesn't make many 12 strings. I'm a Gibson girl with the exception of my Strat and now my Taylor 12 string. I have found that sometimes for certain songs, i.e. Hotel California, Annie's Song, you just need a 12 string. I'm still a novice, but my Taylor is the best playing guitar I have. Good luck. You will love it!

I don't want to say bad about Taylor guitars. Moreover I never played a Taylor - there is no a Taylor dealer here in Bulgaria.

And I think Andy Powers is a phenomenal man.

What I think is Guild is a gorgeous and very underestimated guitar company and my Guild D-55 and my Guild F-412 confirm that fact.

Regarding 12 strings, Guild is THE only way to go. And that's a beauty. The 412 is a wonderful instrument and I know you'll enjoy it for many, many years. Now we need some sound clips!

DC

Congrats!

I have not had much to do with the Fender-era Guilds but the Guild freaks I know who have just rave about them.

Would never call Guilds "understimated" though. Undervalued, yes but they have been well thought of and shown alot of respect since Day 1. Guilds may be the only guitars out there that you never hear about a "dark ages" period or anybody bash.

Archived