Gibson Brands Forums

I feel bad for this kid

Gibson Artist

Actually its not...

Actually it is.

The fact that you ended up as the loser in the trade is YOUR fault; not his.

Whether you consider him to be a "bad person" is neither here nor there.

Your own business practices as regards 'Returns' are your affair. His are his.

You accepted two Strat copies in exchange for the Xavierre; the Xavierre is rightfully his.

End of it.

P.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its actually not a $300 guitar. They have models that are now. But these were made to higher standards and cost more than that new, and are actually worth a pretty penny now. They were a lawsuit model, completely copied from Zemaitis. And it had many upgrades that made the thing just play and sound amazing. Sorry, but I won't give up searching for it. I just won't. Not until I get it back.

I've had the pleasure of handling quite a few Zemaitisii in my life. That guitar, my friend, is no Zemaitis I'm sorry to tell you. As far as I know, nobody at Zemaitis or his estate has ever had the money to sue anyone, but then, nobody has covered guitars with aluminum siding, including the XV-whatevers.

Good luck buddy. You would probably be better off saving and trading towards a real Zemaitis.

rct

Although I respect your opinion, you did not own, nor play this particular guitar, so with all due respect, you have no idea what I am talking about. When I first got it, I did plenty of research on it, and it was in fact a Zem clone and a top of the line one. That being said, although I respect your opinion, I stand for mine and I plan to continue the search until it is found.

Hey friend, i posted this last year because i thought the guy genuinely did steal from you. I know in your mind he did, understandable, but the reality is once you make the deal the deal is done. You have to be aware of what you're getting and he is of no legal obligation to give you back what you offered for his junk. Im very sorry this happened to you, if i had the cash i wouldve bought you a replacement myself, but i had to sell most of my gear last year durintg some hard times. I myself have been on the wrong end of a deal once or twice myself. I didnt test a Burny git i bought for 600 and the pickups sounded horrible when i got home. In fact, i traded my roland microcube for a cheap 200 dollar epiphone sg and that sounded like a Gibson, not the Burny at all. But, i put the burny up on CL saying i was unimpressed by the sound and got a trade despite me saying i thought it sucked more or less. I ended up coming out of that smelling like roses only because it looked like a white gibson les paul custom, but soundwise even with new strings and setup it sucked buffolo balls. But, at least i was honest and while the git looked incredible, the sound was terrible.

The guys on this board are great people, very knowledgeable, dont fight with them. Take a little responsibility, you made a mistake in not trying the guitar first and you cannot blame anyone else on that but yourself. The other guy was a dirtbag, but he's not gonna give you back your guitar no matter how much you beg, plead and barter. You'll just have to save your pennies and get a new one. There are a lot of affordable les pauls these days and the les paul you lost can probably be found on ebay or craigslist. You could also try a Gibson or Epiphone or japanese maker like Greco, Tokai etc just make sure the git is made in japan, chinese made are usually awful unless its an epiphone.

Wish you luck friend, hope you get a badass les paul soon.

Although I respect your opinion, you did not own, nor play this particular guitar, so with all due respect, you have no idea what I am talking about. When I first got it, I did plenty of research on it, and it was in fact a Zem clone and a top of the line one. That being said, although I respect your opinion, I stand for mine and I plan to continue the search until it is found.

So no disrespect right back, but if it was such a great guitar, it was such a top of the line Zem clone, why'd you trade it for two Squiers? Sounds like a bad deal looking for a parking lot to happen in.

rct

It wasn't for Squiers. Never said they were. I said Strat copies. At the time I thought it was a decent trade offer. Until like I said, they turned out to be junk. I'm still going to continue my search and hope that the guy will realize that what he did was wrong and correct his error. There's no harm in that, and I would really appreciate it if people didn't try to deter me away from that. If it were any of you in my position, I would offer as much help as possible and encourage you to track it down. Just saying.

And we are back around to the start. Best advice, help, and encouragement I or anyone here can give you, free of charge, from a lifetime of guitaring, is to let it go, bro. There will always be more, different, better guitars. Always.

rct

Incorrect. He KNEW he was trading junk. He ripped me off, and I'm sure he ripped other people off. He is a thief in my eyes. Period.

The term "junk" is subject to every ones description of junk.

True to you they might be junk, but I doubt if the other party told you he was trading you junk for your guitar.

You made a bad choice , trade, what ever you want to all it.

From all the posts I have read you are not getting much sympathy due to your bad trading practices.

Deal with it, learn from your mistake and move on.

"Better" is a matter of opinion. And I disagree with you. Respectfully. But disagree.

The one that got away always seems better than anything else and you can look all you want for ever and never feel complete again. I feel bad for you. I am sure you learned from this. Hope you get that treasure back. In the mean time, don't do yourself a disservice by antagonizing a group that felt sorry for you and posted about you in hopes we'd help you.

Sent a message.... Offered to buy the kid a 500 series.... I couldn't find a 700!series... Will see if he pings me back

duane you make me proud to be a Gibson member thanks for standing up, good people left in this world

4H

I hate to tell you, but I am not the one antagonizing anyone on here. In fact it is the other way around. Droves of people insisting on telling me to give up, or move on, or change my thoughts on it. Sorry but my mind is made up and my initial post was only to touch base. If no one had anything positive to say, they could have stayed out of it. Period. On that note, I will be requesting to the site that this thread be removed because clearly its not doing any good being here. End of discussion.

You must be a kid or you don't use the internet often.

Relax

Guest Farnsbarns

Give up. Move on. Change your thoughts on it. Go on, you know you want to. :D

It was me and I'm not giving it back! :P

Also, its not the fact of if I have another to play or not. Its the principal of what happened when it left my possession and the way I was cheated. Fact is, I made a trade, which I never said it was "stolen" although technically it was. I acquired two Strat copies in trade for the Xaviere. However, within a week they fell apart. Electronics fried out, hardware fell apart, etc. I tried to contact the person I traded with and he disappeared. He knew he was giving me junk. And he knew that when we did the trade, I wouldn't be able to test things out, so he just made them "look good". I got ripped off. And, to me, that's just as dishonest and low as stealing. I want what is rightfully mine, back in mpossession.

Your 45 yrs old and ask for help on here like you lost your guitar like a 12 yr old

And our Duane V offers to buy you a guitar and you accept for him to do so ?

1~Bender 4 Life, said:Hell of a guy goes to our own Duane V !

duane you make me proud to be a Gibson member thanks for standing up, good people left in this world 4H

rct, said:So no disrespect right back, but if it was such a great guitar, it was such a top of the line Zem clone, why'd you trade it for two Squiers? Sounds like a bad deal looking for a parking lot to happen in.

rct

I wouldn't coming here crying for help again, you owe Duane V a apology period.

4H

Guest Farnsbarns

Where the hell did I say I was 45? Keep guessing. And how do you figure I owe someone an apology when they made an offer to me but went back on their word? Its the other way around. He's the one who owes me an apology. And I also didn't come on here asking for help. This post was started by someone else. Try checking things again pal.

What planet are you from dude?

Is there a doctor in the house?

I'm guessing you won't get your apology.

Took me long enough to figure out that I needed to make 15 posts before posting in here. Anyway, to touch base, this thread was about me. I am the one trying to find the Xaviere XV-700. It is out of production, and was a Zemaitis clone. Right down to the metal truss cover and logo on the headstock. I have searched high and low to no avail. Someone had originally emailed me saying they had seen my posts on craigslist and posted here trying to help out. And apparently Duane had emailed me via craigslist, but I never got it (probably ended up in my spam folder). I contacted him on here because he had offered to replace my missing guitar with a 500 series, which was a very generous offer. I looked into them, and even though its not my original one, which I now know I may never find, I decided to take him up on his offer. He told me to pick one out, and I did and he said he was going to order it. That was the last I heard. Nothing ever arrived at my door. I spoke with the site that sells them and nothing came up in their order records. I waited. A couple months went on, and still nothing. Eventually my lease ran up and I moved. Did an address change. And even went by the place numerous times to check for mail and packages. But nothing. I am unsure why he never followed through. But I am still grateful for the initial offer. And I am still hoping to find the one I have been trying to get back for the past couple of years. Anyway, thought I would update everyone.

All the best,

J

J, to your credit I thought that was a pretty fair initial post and a good summary. It probably should have ended there with any further contacts on the matter to be private. To suggest someone who offered to help but ultimately it didn't work out owes apologies is crass to those who have longer experience of the person providing good helpful service (Donny banning excepted [biggrin]). Take it easy.

Wow talk about doing a 180!

This went from a feel good story of the year post to a I'm kinda hoping he never gets the guitar back post.

I'm also glad no one bought him another one. He made a bad deal and hopefully learned a lesson about the value of what you have verses what someone else has.

I hate to tell you, but I am not the one antagonizing anyone on here. In fact it is the other way around. Droves of people insisting on telling me to give up, or move on, or change my thoughts on it. Sorry but my mind is made up and my initial post was only to touch base. If no one had anything positive to say, they could have stayed out of it. Period. On that note, I will be requesting to the site that this thread be removed because clearly its not doing any good being here. End of discussion.

This is one of his posts that to me says it all.

According to Aceroxx02 "If members did not have any thing positive to say, then they should have stayed out of it"

I take that as saying if we did not agree with him and think he was then one wronged then members should not have responded at all.

This thread is now just getting too fu--- weird

Your better off just to drop it now, don't post any more and don't respond to any ones remarks.

I Seriously doubt if you will get any sympathy now after your last post.

If I were you, I would not have even posted your last remarks.

Should have been truthful from the begining.

For some one who has such a low post count ( kind of like a stranger in a sense still) it's going to be a long time to dig your self out of this hole.

Do your self a favor, and just drop it.

Should I have been truthful from the beginning? Yes. Did I acknowledge that? Yes. Am I sorry for misleading anyone or ticking anyone off? Yes.

Again, I apologize for those things. However, I am going to continue to search anywhere and everywhere for any leads to the whereabouts of my guitar. Thank you for your opinion. I respect your opinion. But I also respectfully disagree with your suggestion to move on. I explained why it means so much to me. And for that reason I am not going to give up. I have an emotional tie to it for the fact that it was the guitar used to create a song for my child.

Again. I'm sorry. But I'm not giving up.

Make up your mind .

In post # 44 you said you were going to ask the moderators to remove the thread altogether( which they won't do any way)

You are not doing your self any good by the way your going at this,

Hell, I don't give a flying fuc---

Go on, and keep the rant going if it some how makes you feel better.

Guest Farnsbarns

So, why did you PM me inviting me to suck c*ck? You childish Richard cranium.

I do not believe your guitar was stolen. I think you are an awful, putrid person and I wish upon you continued pain and misfortune. It's what you deserve.

Archived