Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Comes with a Sacrifice...

Blueblooded

Finally pulled the trigger and brought home a brand new 2013 Vintage Burst Les Paul Traditional Pro II that I've been romancing at one of my local Guitar Center locations since September. I had to sacrifice my 2011 Les Paul 60's Tribute P90's Gold Top to make it happen, but I'm sure I did the right thing.

The build quality, tone and versatility of this guitar are amazing. Has the 60's neck, 57 and 57 Super PUps, Push-Push volume controls for true coil splitting, and Push-Push upper neck tone control for the adjustable (up to 10 dB) boost circuit. I've wanted one of these since my son aquired his ES-339 Trad Pro with these features and I took it to a practice session. I found the versatility of the coil splitting and boost curcuit provided a huge tone pallete for going between anything from Petty to Soundgarden songs on the fly. I will miss the Gold Top with P90s, but this guitar is one I've always lusted for. Best part is it has nibs, no Min E-tune, no brass nut or wider fretboard BS, and no fugly crayon scribble or picture of Les flipping me off on the back of the headstock!

Here she is!

Full_zps79c169c5.jpg

LowerBout_zps9439d098.jpg

Top_zps8173e37c.jpg

LowerBout_zps9d237b00.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger and brought home a brand new 2013 Vintage Burst Les Paul Traditional Pro II that I've been romancing at one of my local Guitar Center locations since September. I had to sacrifice my 2011 Les Paul 60's Tribute P90's Gold Top to make it happen, but I'm sure I did the right thing.

That top is exquisite!

Dammit, I'da helped U out with that GoldTop!!! [scared]

I want an R6-like axe in the worst way...

I'm even kinda hot on the Les Paul Less Plus P90 G/T! I'm sniffin' GAS in that direction...

But that axe U picked-up is SWEET!!!

Archived