Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Drog

I had been looking for a gigging guitar to go with my 2012 LP Traditional, found this 2012 LP Standard with 2008 specs (regular grover tuners, no split coil, neutrik jack) for just under $1000. The guitar is in mint shape and plays fantastic. The neck is a slim 60's, but is beefier than my Trad. Its very comfortable. The only issue is a hum caused by a bad ground (easy fix). I plan on removing the PCB board and install CTS pots, vintage wire and putting in Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker's.

Here are some pictures:

image.jpg3_zps7r4uuy3o.jpg

image.jpg1_zps0ts3xo5d.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsua8djtnp.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsqer1rifj.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsh2t5pqjn.jpg

image.jpg2_zps11lst2uz.jpg

image.jpg1_zpslwtu7dsj.jpg

Congrats on your nice buy, Drog. Looks beautiful! [wub]

is it just me, or does that neck pickup look super low? like below the mounting ring....to each his own!

congrats! [thumbup]

This is probably due to neck angle and height at the lower tolerance limits. You may take a look at the small bridge height confirming that.

The Les Paul guitars of mine vary strongly but all are clearly within the factory limits of +/- 15" (here: angular seconds). This would mean +/- 2.743 mm or +/- 0.108" (here: inches) for the bridge at the given scale. In addition, there are certain height tolerances of neck sets, in particular on carved tops.

Pickup heights below the ring are also common with Les Paul guitars featuring pickup rings of the larger historic heights, i. e. most Custom Shop models.

Archived