Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi black strat for sale

AndyK

I couldn't find any recent posts about it on the internet.

All on this subject is from 2012.

:-k

But, if it is the Hendrix family who is putting up a guitar for auction, it has to be another one. Since the one above has been already sold.

Cheers... Bence

You would have a hard time proving provenance on the above pictured guitar to me. It sure has severe right-handed "arm-rub" to have been owned and played by a famous left-handed player.

Well picked mate. All the wear and rub is right hand caused. Although, they've strung it for left hand.

Mmmm.......[glare]

lol

I googled 'Hendrix Monterey images' and yes, he was playing a black Strat with r'wood neck....can't see any wear on the upper bout though like Bence's pic. That one apparently 'belonged' to ex-roadie 'Tappy' Wright who notoriously claimed that Mike Jeffery had murdered Hendrix; a claim made in order to sell his rotten book (Wright eventually admitted he'd invented the story).

The other black Strat you often see in pics and film of Jimi ('Lulu show') is the maple-necked one which Monika Dannemann had after his death and later gave to Uli Jon Roth.

You would have a hard time proving provenance on the above pictured guitar to me. It sure has severe right-handed "arm-rub" to have been owned and played by a famous left-handed player.

One thing I notice these days, is a LOT of guitars said to be this or that have very weak provenence.

For some reason, provenance in the guitar world doesn't exist at all.

And when they have been dis-proved, it STILL doesn't matter.

Archived