Gibson Brands Forums

Received my Band New 2017 Firebird T today!! WOO HOO am Very Happy!!

bigtim

Well this has been a long time coming and I know I have been bugging the tar out of you fellow forum members and friends but, it arrived today!! I thank each and everyone of you guys for offering their experience and opinions from your own firebird guitars. I am very pleased with mine. Almost 100% pleased and I will get into that here in a bit and I will get into why I am not 100% pleased here shortly. So with all of that said. I have had several nice guitars over the years but never a brand new one. So this one is pretty special. Now to the nitty gritty stuff. The finish was a step above and then some on what I was expecting to witness in person. You know a picture is worth a 1000 words from a website but nothing beats something in your hands right in front of you. So I am totally pleased with how nice the wood grain is, the sunburst finish, the clear coat and the walnut strips down the entire body. The binding over the frets feel real nice too The hardware is very nice and shiny. The Steinberg tuners ( I think that is how you spell it) are freaking awesome!! Plugging it in through a Laney cub 15 watt tube head running into a 1X10 Jensen Red Coat speaker and trying to get the feel of her. Obviously the Gibson factory set up is no where near what I prefer. So tinkering around a bit with the truss rod, string height and pick up height, I about have her just about dialed in now. However I did notice a slight ground hum. So I opened her up and upon inspection I see a plastic 1/4" input jack. A new switch craft will be on the way in the near future. Also the screws holding the truss rod cover on are a bit cheap in my opinion. The ones holding the rear cover to the control cavity are the same in my opinion. With that said I will be getting some new pick guard screws and button head truss rod cover screws. The pick ups sound pretty darn good to me too. I can deal with the slight hum for now and maybe when I get around to it, the new switch craft jack may take care of that as well. With the stated issues on the rear cover screws, truss rod cover screws and the plastic jack, I understand Gibson cut some corners to lower cost to offer this at a decent price. Other than the three small issues I am totally satisfied with this guitar. IIt really is a very nice guitar. I plan on keeping this one for the long run. I may make her my main axe. Here is a link to it. I really do like it!!!

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Oh I know what you mean. It can double for a small venue stage in a pinch as well!!! It is a big one but surprisingly. not too heavy. I have not taken it anywhere yet but I may have to let the seat down and throw it in the back when I do!!! It's big!!!

Nice guitar man. But what do you think of the giant case? I really don't like mine,got a hard time getting it in the front seat of my truck.

Archived