Gibson Brands Forums: Places to try out new / used guitars - Gibson Brands Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Places to try out new / used guitars Looking for input on places to look to get to try out different Gibson

#21 User is offline   billroy 

• Group: All Access

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

View Postkidblast, on 07 December 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

I live in Central Mass, good luck finding anything around here that even resembles a gibson dealer.

I take my chances with Sweetwater, and so far, (2 acoustics and a hand full of electrics purchased) I've never had a disappointing experience.

They mostly would have what you want / looking for (over 70k in the warehouse), if you don't like it, sucks but you just ship it back. as an alternative, not a bad thing.

Sweetwater - have had similar luck as with GC. Lately been going to musicians friend, have had a little better experience.
'?? Gibson TBD
'86 Guild D25
'00 Fender Strat (American Standard)
'90 Fender Strat (Korea, bought in an open market in Korea... yeah it might be real)
'68 Gibson SG
'17 Several 3 String CBGs

"Want people to listen to your stuff, don't play boring stuff..." heard somewhere.

#22 User is offline   billroy 

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

Ok - so i've heard Denver and Nashville are the places to go (and in the thread names the shops to go to). Nashville may be in my future for another reason - so hoping to make that happen, but I might be heading down to Austin end of January. Anyone have recommendations on shops down there - gotta believe there's a bunch.
'?? Gibson TBD
'86 Guild D25
'00 Fender Strat (American Standard)
'90 Fender Strat (Korea, bought in an open market in Korea... yeah it might be real)
'68 Gibson SG
'17 Several 3 String CBGs

"Want people to listen to your stuff, don't play boring stuff..." heard somewhere.

#23 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Nanook Rubs It
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

View Postbillroy, on 08 December 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ok - so i've heard Denver and Nashville are the places to go (and in the thread names the shops to go to). Nashville may be in my future for another reason - so hoping to make that happen, but I might be heading down to Austin end of January. Anyone have recommendations on shops down there - gotta believe there's a bunch.

I can't. Been to Austin once and it is a blast. The only city in TX that I ever liked.
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

#24 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

the two acoustics I ordered from Sweetwater, worked out just fine.

one was a J200 in 2016, the other, and more recent is a taylor 500 series nylon. everything worked according to plan with the purchase. Very happy with both.
/Ray

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users