Gibson Brands Forums

A hummingbird, a jumbo re-issue, and then some

uncle fester

My middle boy's baseball team starts the regional championships tonight. They won MA state championship, now going up against the best teams in New England + a couple states. Last year they won it all, but because they were only 9 yrs old that's where it stopped. This is the first time in the town's history they've ever made it this far, and it's a big deal to everyone. (It's an honor to be on the team, but my kid doesn't get much playing time)

So it's with mixed emotions I go into this next championship. If they win this, they go to the nationals in Indianapolis... for 9 days. The best in the country is there, it's a huge deal, butttt - that's an airplane ride and hotel for 9 days. If they win, it's a life experience we wont forget, if they lose, I'm thinking Hummingbird or Jumbo ReIssue hmmmmm......

mixed emotions :)

Go with your your son's dreams. There is a valuable life lesson to be taught in that. We followed my son's youth baseball teams all over the western states and even Canada. Yes, it was expensive but many great memories were had and it had little to do with winning or losing. My son is grown now, but still living his dreams. He works in the front office of a major league baseball team, and I have all the time in the world to spend with my guitars. Life is good.

Like Father Guido SarduccI said, "baseball been veddy veddy good to me." The stories .... sweet memories.

Being good enough to be on a team that is good enough to have that kind of success is an accomplishment very few ever get to know. Kudos to you for such support. Karma rewards you with such fine instruments to play. [thumbup]

Like Father Guido SarduccI said, "baseball been veddy veddy good to me." The stories .... sweet memories.

Not for nothin', but that wasn't Guido Sarducci. It was Dominican ballplayer Chico Escuela (portrayed by Garrett Morris)...

Archived