Gibson Brands Forums

ORANGE GOBLIN - RAGE OF ANGELS

Shnate McDuanus

Minor pentatonic riffs, hardcore screams, bluesy drumming and solos, trippy atmosphere...ORANGE GOBLIN.

Great band, very exciting and listenable experience. I've been listening to their discog on shuffle for the past hour. This one just came up and I thought that everybody (even you) would like it! It's kinda metal-ish, but not really what I'd consider metal. Their older stuff was pure metal, but their style subtly evolved to a more rock-ish style over time. Maybe they're more in the style of old-school proto-metal, like Humble Pie or Led Zeppelin, and also similar to stoner-metal bands like Sleep and Kyuss, but with a little more groove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aNqHqNMbY

I am on drugs right now (caffeine) and the music feels so intense that I'm thrashing my head every which way and just going crazy loving this music. Caffeine helps me write and makes the world generally awesome! OH YEAH! FU CK YEAH!

HOPE YOU LIKE ORANGE GOBLIN'S SONG "RAGE OF ANGELS." IT'S A GOOD ONE!

If I weren't such a great guitarist, I'd say I'm not worthy......:rolleyes: :unsure: [sneaky] ........

Good music..........( I can't see the vid, but I trust your taste in music )..................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ........

If I weren't such a great guitarist, I'd say I'm not worthy......:rolleyes: :unsure: [sneaky] ........

Good music..........( I can't see the vid, but I trust your taste in music )..................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ........

It's a little dangerous to trust my taste in music, damian. I might point you towards some klezmer or some Finnish folk music--two things which I love but rarely share because I feel like they'd get even less love than all the metal I post.

That was a tasty jam dude. It got interesting about 3 minutes in for me. Some sweet fuzzy sounds too.

My friend was just talking about Orange Goblin the other day. We just saw Kyuss and they were pretty mind blowing.

Yeah man, I love that bad-*** solo that happens in the song. Their tones are excellent!

Also, Kyuss. Holy hot-damn do I love that band. One of my faves. I've been getting more into more "brutal" stuff as of late, but I will always carry a torch for stoner rock/stoner metal. I may or may not have smoked some of the ganj over the last half-hour. I cannot confirm nor deny these accusations...but for the record, yes. And all I want to do is watch cat videos and listen to Orange Goblin. [biggrin]

Haha I may or may not have moked wee in the last uhh.. 5 minutes? Not to mention I'm fresh out of a Kyuss show and have a pedal with a picture of a cat cut out of a national geographic on it.

So I guess we're like soulmates right?

Don't tell Fred. He'll be jealous.

Haha I may or may not have moked wee in the last uhh.. 5 minutes? Not to mention I'm fresh out of a Kyuss show and have a pedal with a picture of a cat cut out of a national geographic on it.

I dig the kitty pedal. Also, I'm super jelly that you got to see Kyuss. I got to see Sleep, though, so...I dunno. I guess we're kinda equal. I also saw Winter at the same show, which was HOLY SH*T.

Now that I think about it...didn't you see Sleep and Winter too? Dude, we're total soul-mates. If I ever get to Cali, I'll hit you up. We should get super baked and jam the fxck out. I know lots of Sleep and Kyuss riffs. [biggrin]

Don't worry about Fred. He doesn't have to know. Um...until he reads this thread... [unsure]

Thats the first one you've posted that I could listen to all the way through, lol.

Enjoyed that!

[biggrin]

I know, sometimes growled vocals can rub people the wrong way. I'm really, really glad you liked it!

Here's some more stuff in a related, but somewhat more upbeat, style. Slo Burn's "Pilot the Dune," with John Garcia, the vocalist from Kyuss.

I really wish these guys had did more stuff.

I saw Sleep but not Winter.

if you come to Cali it's goin down... Like an elevator at the top floor, yo.

My friend who introduced me to Kyuss also showed me Slo Burn. Pretty awesome!

AWW DUDE! Winter was awesome! Best metal band I've ever seen live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2REgByOqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_B2ddzaPM

Guest farnsbarns

I listened for about 20 seconds. Yikes, if that's not what you call metal I need to hear an example of what you do call metal.

I've been listening to these cats for many years and they are great. There is a ton of good "stoner rock" out there that has amazing groove. Of course, there's the other John Garcia bands:

Hermano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxCr5K39eM

and Unida:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VjnTfpOC8

Nice post Xdemonknight!! Love the grooves!!! This is my high school music right here!!

That night meant nothing to you?

We're through

Archived