Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Would like to embed the video but just get the link oh well
  3. https://youtube.com/watch?v=i_AKIRam7VM&si=_rCn0fyQXpj7AUNQ Thanks to Morristown Sal (the missal?) for the inspiration to multitrack- reckon I got a bit carried away... Wrote this January 2024
  4. sparquelito, Were you planning on translating your post for the seven of us here who don't speak Polish? RBSinTo
  5. Ouh, , , forgot to mention I still have it. We got reunited in 2010.
  6. That said, I'll repeat that I'm 100 % supportive about gettin' #2 within reach. It will make you wiser - and perhaps do something on the psychological level too. Story : When I was a boy there was a certain toy tank-truck I wanted so badly. The thing was that it came in almost all the existing real-life gas-brands = Gulf, Shell, BP, Mobile what have you. All these trucks had different colour-combos and logos and this wide array made little me extremely excited. At the same time I knew only one would drive my way the comin' X-mas. Now it was time to choose - and as you understand it really meant something so back'n'forth'n'back'n'forth it went. Finally I decided on the punch-red ESSO, , , it was after all my favorite brand already. Was lucky enough to get it and felt happy - it surely did something to my soul. In fact 2 things. Satisfied it, , , AND ! told me the others were now out of reach. I seriously believe my urge to get fx squares in sunburst, cherryburst, orangobrown, natural, natural genuine vintage tanned, butter-pale, yellow hoged, red hoged , cherry red back & sides is related to that tank-truck phase/dilemma. It's a way to compensate or 'make up for' the garage holes - it's a way to prove that I now am in control of the situation, U know. And sure, , , the great guits are deeply fulfilling on that level as well.
  7. Fair enough. There are always exceptions . But, happy to say, it starts with a human.
  8. Thx - trying to learn the 335. It very inspiring. Regarding the tune-down, the effects are exactly what you would expect them to be. The guitar gets looser, more 'friendly' and in severals ways easier to get along with. Some may find this too laid back, which is not difficult to understand. I dig it, , , but only once in while. Try it yourself - your guitar is only a few meters away. It'll tell (almost) everything there is to know - then please write back. šŸ¦Š
  9. Today
  10. It's surprising to me how little people in this thread seem to lean toward the position where a guitar is something special, , , and not just a (another) guitar. The right guitar is an instrument meant to channel not only your individual musical preferences and inner moods/feels. It's a precious soul-mirror. That of course is beyond comprehension if soul isn't calling, , , discovered, , , or again ! , , , if the skills aren't able to release what may be cooking, rumbling or hiding inside. After finding a friend, , a woman, , , a wife - you don't just pass the person on. . .
  11. "Masked off during finish" !? - can you elaborate a bit on this one. .
  12. None of them are the same even though they're built identically. Wood is woood, and each slice is unique. šŸ™‚
  13. Yesterday
  14. Amen - the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing...
  15. Didnā€™t Pat Boone (decked out in black leather) do something similar (covering hard rock and metal) a several years back? I never listened to it so I could be wrong, but I feel confident that he didnā€™t magically become accepted as a ā€œrockerā€ or ā€œmetal head.ā€
  16. Sign of the Gypsy Queen - April Wine
  17. PD, Buc, 62ā€¦ you guys are alright. 62ā€¦ it was hard. Still is. I imagine a great many of you have been there. MP. Too funny.
  18. Guitars are like women. You canā€™t have too many.
  19. It's convenient to see this conundrum as some sort of dualistic situation,- want vs need, but hopefully there's some sort of gray area between the two. Is there any room for someone's interests and their wanting to learn, to experience all of the items on the menu before deciding on a favorite? Even if that favorite changes as does the styles of music that they're into at the time.? 'Absolutely agree that a guitar is just a guitar. . . a vehicle that allows us to get the music out of us. And if I'd just put three kids through college/ two through grad school, I wouldn't feel too terribly guilty about exploring what comes up when I rolled the Gibson dice- they're Gibsons- you know they're always gonna be just a little bit different, even if they're the same model, blonde or 'burst. Awaiting that a/b
  20. Damn I am sick of that stupid top hat. Itā€™s old Slash. Really old. Like Rick Wakeman and his capes.
  21. How many Les Paulā€™s does Joe Bonamassa have?
  22. I have 2 nuts, but not on any of my guitars.
  23. Your words clearly needs more ā€œCā€ ā€˜s and ā€œWā€ ā€˜s in them.
  24. I liked his first solo album. Some of About Face was okay (saw him that tour), Island was not bad. Rattle I didnā€™t jive with, but heā€™s F-ing David Gilmour with. ā€˜Uā€. We scum bucket Americans wouldnā€™t spell it like that.
  25. It was damn cool. It was where the SJ Sharks skate. The first time Patrick Moraz was on synths and keys. Everytime I saw them, Lodge, Edge (not The Edge thankfully), Hayward and Thomas were playing. The keys player changed. The first time The Fixx opened. Damn good. The second Chicago, the last time with the orchestra, I think it was just them.
  1. Load more activity