Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. The strange model number with no Gibson history, strangely solid-through body, 2010-2011 year, faded honey plaintop, zebras, and provenance from serial number all suggest I stumbled across one of the '200'. Maybe, maybe not! I mean, it's not like it was owned by Elvis, but a Les Paul with just a slight quirk of origin--I like that. Gibson told me everything authenticates except that the model number on the store's ad is unusual, but valid.
  4. She's got a vibe.... she is unique...... and talented..... And she plays Gibson acoustic and electric guitars.
  5. Sorry, get into therapy N O W. Can you explain what is it about her drivel you enjoy? I’ve heard her so called music and don’t get it. Maybe years of Zappa tainted me. It’s just to fluffy and weak to enjoy. I could care less if she writes lyrics. It’s just Pop music. There are many like her. It’s just her that people go ga ga over. There are other female singers out there doing the same thing, but it’s her that gets all the accolades.
  6. So by my calculation is that eightyearspickn worth of mortification? RBSinTo
  7. The pickup covers are actual 1972 pickup covers I had replated. And the strap buttons are 1980 Gibson posi-lok.
  8. So my Luthier pointed me to a Luthier that would build me a 58 Les Paul body with a 5A quilted maple top and solid one piece mahogany back. My Luthier sent him the neck tenon measurements. $900 and 60 day lead time. So I have the nickel hardware ready to go for a 72 duaneV reissue model. Still wondering why Gibson hasn't done a 72 Gibson LP reissue????? Best pickup covers ever released by Gibson.
  9. I had braces as a kid, they sucked.
  10. I have been away the last 10 days.... But have been reading, just not logged in on my phone. But needless to say this is great so far. Lets hope the rest of the procedures and treatments go just as well.. 👍
  11. There are lots of performances posted all over here. What’s the point of owning guitars if you don’t wanna share/hear the sound? The videos/sound posts from our fellow forumites inspire me to work harder.
  12. No S A’s near me. I got a G C 10 minutes away in N. Myrtle to get screwed over by, so I’m good.
  13. There are some videos on YouTube of Sylvia Massy talking about working with Prince that I thought were really interesting. It would be tragic for that studio to close. The design of that studio is amazing. If I were hypothetically some great musician and I had my pick of any studio/engineer to record with, Albini/EA would be my first pick. The album that first made me aware of Albini was Surfer Rosa, which coincidentally is one that he has expressed some regrets over. I love that album though. Steve had a great way of making everything sound “right”. Even if it’s like a piezo acoustic it doesn’t really sound natural but fits the song in a cool way. I can’t think of anyone better at recording drums
  14. Stopped at Cherry Hill NJ Sam Ash yesterday. You can score some pretty sweet deals on "Michael Kelly" guitars, whatever they are. ENTIRE STORE ON SALE prices on guitars that retail at 375 or so, going for a jaw dropping $360. 5%!!!! Unbelievable deals to be had. A few Les Pauls up there, easily two and three hundred apiece more than the GC that is no more than a hundred yards away. Pathetic. Long time and lots of guitars and amps and trades with that place and the one out in King of Prussia PA. Pathetic sad ending. After months of "we got this we're fine hang in there we got this" they were told on Tuesday that the store would be closed by mid-July. So yeah, no. Don't waste your time. rct
  15. Some of these famous players–folks like Clapton, Slash, Bonamassa, etc.–literally have hundreds of guitars. I only have about thirty, and only a couple of them are really noteworthy from a collectability standpoint, so it wouldn't take long for my video, either.
  16. First I’ve ever heard of it. Now all the cool kids will want it. https://guitar.com/features/why-the-martin-gpce-inception-maple-shows-that-americas-oldest-guitar-brand-is-still-a-hotbed-of-innovation/
  1. Load more activity