Gibson Brands Forums

1941 SJ-100 re-issue

duluthdan

I knew I'd regret it, but there was one at Russo when I was there. I didn't take it down and try it. I did try the J35. I knew somebody would ask, and I blew my chance to be an expert, again

[biggrin]

Rich

This looks interesting - http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Super-Jumbo/Gibson-Acoustic/1941-SJ-100.aspx

Anybody find one of these yet? Mahogany B/S jumbo - hard for me not to be curious.

Tried one today at a Sam Ash. Didn't do anything for me- was kinda boring, or confused somehow, like it doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

Loved the L-00 TV, tho, which was fun because I saw Rodney (and that Emmylou person) in concert last night, and man! His '32 (I think) was the star of the show. And that's saying something because the show was superb, all around.

The pickguard placement really bugged me on both models; I realize it's only a cosmetic preference, but it's aggravating anyway, and that's a fact. Still, even if I had the $$ for the L-00, I think I'd keep saving up for something vintage...

Missed trying the new J-35 b/c it is supposed to arrive tomorrow but the store is 2 hours away.

And that's all I know...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived