Gibson Brands Forums

So I've got a bit of a problem...

neilpanda

Guest Farnsbarns

I think this has been comprehensively covered now. The only thing that remains to be said is... "Clean it, it's rank!" [lol]

one of the biggest problems with the Mustangs is the insanely cheesy jacks they are using.

I have an MIII, I only use the input jack and the foot switch jacks, but really Fender could step up the quality just a tad.

what's the diff in price per - 75 cents,, c'mon...

Anyway, you should mosey over to the fender forum, and get in to the Mustang thread. There's a debate going on at the moment about how to accomplish just what you're asking.

here's one:

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=59187

just go to the search and look for "replace jacks" or something like that, you'll see hundreds of hits. it's a common issue.

Still kinda scratching my head on how to solve this one... :-k

IMG_8815_zps89902f8a.jpg

Depends on the jack that got snapped off, many of them have a plastic insulator in the middle of them (like headphone jacks or computer speaker jacks). If this is that type you can try heating a straight pin or similar object with a lighter until its nice and hot. Once toasty stick it into the plastic center and wait for it to cool. Once cooled pull it out and the broken end should come out with it. Has worked for me in the past.

Good luck.

Johnny

I think this has been comprehensively covered now. The only thing that remains to be said is... "Clean it, it's rank!" [lol]

You should have seen the gig bag I used for a decade.

Or smelled it......

[scared]

Archived