Gibson Brands Forums

ZZ Sounds having a Gibson sale!

jaxson50

Man that 12 month payment plan is tempting! I'd sure love to get myself a 335 but in reality I need a new car.

not that I need to "help" you out here..

Sweetwater has 24 months zero interest going on right now.

There's a J200 Standard,, I can hear it,, I think it's calling my name.......... I must resist..

:rolleyes: These "Sales" at the Big Box stores, are usually still higher priced,

than I pay at my dealer, with Their regular selling price. There have been a few

exceptions, but...not many or often. So, I'd say shop around, before you spend you

hard earned money, on "Sale" item. [tongue]

CB

I agree... not many "deals" there under a grand. Most around 2-3+

I only paid $750 or $800 for that V. You won't find it cheaper than that and may even have trouble finding one at all as Gibson may not be making them right now. But, the lowest prices are usually the scratch and dents and may need a little work.

I have noticed that Z doesn't always have the lowest price, has anyone ordered anything from them?

Yep, I bought my Road Worn 50s Telecaster from them. In fact I may have bought one or two others (possibly my Classic 60s Players Stratocaster in Sonic Blue) from them too.

The Tele, I used the 8 payment plan, really convenient, and the price listed was the same as all the rest out there. As for the Strat, IIRC, there was a coupon at either MF or GC, but of course "some items" are not eligible (LOTS of stuff).

These stores are all hot for each others Customers and will do whatever they can to win you over. In the case of the Strat, they either allowed the (15%?) coupon or gave me a sufficient discount to draw me there. I've done similar with American Music Supply, and one or two others (and of course Guitar Center and Musician's friend are one and the same, same people answer the phones for both, I even confused one when talking Sales Tax once and he admitted they answer for both),

Any coupon will either be matched (if honored where it is from) or they'll at least cut you some deal at any of these places. Get the best deals you can, these guys won't run themselves broke (hopefully) and you'll have more money for more gear!

Just got a Fender Excelsior that way, a coupon not honored at one was honored at another. $45 extra $ in my pocket...

Just did the same with my Gretsch 5420, but with the MF 15% off coupon, AMS wouldn't do 8 payments. So they split it into 3 (yay!). Longer I hang on to my cash, the better IMO (Just don't get yourselves in a bind doing this of course!).

IMAG0401-2.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

20130504_152800_zpsd3b21875.jpg

1368373824[/url]' post='1373847']

Yep, I bought my Road Worn 50s Telecaster from them. In fact I may have bought one or two others (possibly my Classic 60s Players Stratocaster in Sonic Blue) from them too.

The Tele, I used the 8 payment plan, really convenient, and the price listed was the same as all the rest out there. As for the Strat, IIRC, there was a coupon at either MF or GC, but of course "some items" are not eligible (LOTS of stuff).

These stores are all hot for each others Customers and will do whatever they can to win you over. In the case of the Strat, they either allowed the (15%?) coupon or gave me a sufficient discount to draw me there. I've done similar with American Music Supply, and one or two others (and of course Guitar Center and Musician's friend are one and the same, same people answer the phones for both, I even confused one when talking Sales Tax once and he admitted they answer for both),

Any coupon will either be matched (if honored where it is from) or they'll at least cut you some deal at any of these places. Get the best deals you can, these guys won't run themselves broke (hopefully) and you'll have more money for more gear!

Just got a Fender Excelsior that way, a coupon not honored at one was honored at another. $45 extra $ in my pocket...

Just did the same with my Gretsch 5420, but with the MF 15% off coupon, AMS wouldn't do 8 payments. So they split it into 3 (yay!). Longer I hang on to my cash, the better IMO (Just don't get yourselves in a bind doing this of course!).

IMAG0401-2.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

20130504_152800_zpsd3b21875.jpg

How do you like that little amp?

I have noticed that Z doesn't always have the lowest price, has anyone ordered anything from them?

I've ordered a few guitars from them in the last several months. Their regular prices were the same as everyone else's and they would match any price anyways if you asked. They did not charge me tax for California as some wanted to do. I bought three scratch and dents from them, the V, an SG Original and Les Paul Traditional and all were about 50% off list.

Archived