Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (almost)

Twiz

Congrats on your new baby-that was certainly money well spent.I love that classic SG colour, as you say it's far nicer than the one with the orange tinge to it.With the P-90 in the bridge position she should be a real wailer for sure.You should be able to get some great classic Pete Townshend tones from her-now go and practice those windmills.Cheers.

Yea, $399. I paid $30 to have it shipped 2 day though because I wanted it before the weekend. I don't think they knew what they had at GC, that's why I jumped on it. I think the bluebook on these is between $500 and close to $700 depending on condition. I ran out to our practice spot today to try it out through my 5150. Here's a pretty crumby demo vid I shot with my phone. It's just the Jr plugged straight into the 5150. The cab is my Avatar 2X12 with Vintage 30's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAMB16aTe18

The thing about a simple set-up like this guitar has is that it will make you a better player. Not a great deal of tone variance to be had, no whammy bar to do dive bombs, so it is just up to your fingers and what you play to keep it interesting. So lay off the effects pedals and enjoy that baby!! [rolleyes]

Haha. That's true. There's no hiding with this guitar for sure. I don't use any pedals in this band. Plugging straight into the amp is kinda liberating. I do like my pedals though sometimes for home playing.

Archived