Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (almost)

Twiz

I just spotted a used guitar that I couldn't pass by on Guitar Center's website. I ordered 2 day shipping, so pics to come by Thursday sometime hopefully. It's got 1 P90. [biggrin]

I found a mid 00's SG Jr in red for a really good price ($399). As long as the UPS guy doesn't break anything, I'm going to be playing some Mountain riffs Thursday night! [thumbup]

Nothing like a NGD on a Friday! It's out for delivery now. As Tom Petty would say: "The waiting is the hardest part." I'll upload a crappy phone pic later this morning....

delivery_zps78570779.jpg

I found a mid 00's SG Jr in red for a really good price ($399). As long as the UPS guy doesn't break anything, I'm going to be playing some Mountain riffs Thursday night! [thumbup]

Congrats!

Congrats!

It's here! I'm really stoked.

There are some slight scratches on the back, and the pick guard has some surface scratches from playing, but it's really clean. It's a nice deep oxblood red too, not the orange-ish red that I've seen on some SG's. Now, I just need to get through these next 5 hours so I can go home and play it. I'll post better pics when I get a chance. For now, here's a crappy iPhone photo.

photo-3_zpsd67c17eb.jpg

I'm going to string it with a set of 9's and put some lemon oil on the fret board. Other than that, it is pretty much good to go!

I did sell my '72 Deluxe Reissue Telecaster to get this, so now I will have a moment of silence.....................................

Ok now that that's over, WOOOOOOOOO New Guitar Day!!!

I'm going to string it with a set of 9's and put some lemon oil on the fret board. Other than that, it is pretty much good to go!

I did sell my '72 Deluxe Reissue Telecaster to get this, so now I will have a moment of silence.....................................

Ok now that that's over, WOOOOOOOOO New Guitar Day!!!

Great score!!! You can't go wrong with those P90s.

Thanks guys. I was just playing it a little at my desk on my lunch break. The action is definitely higher than I like it to be, so I'm going to need to lower that. I figure that's pretty easy with the wrap-around tail piece. Here's where I'm lost though... I'll have to lower the pickup too. I can't figure out if it's the screws on the sides of the pup, or the screws in the middle. Has anybody adjusted the height on a soap bar P90?

Here are a couple better photos now that I have it cleaned up. I had one minor catastrophe yesterday. When I was taking the knobs off, the shaft broke on the tone pot. Luckily I had some old 250k pots from my LP so I soldered a new one in there. I think eventually, I'm going to put in some 500k pots. I only got to play it for about 20 minutes before the Penguins game. I love the sound already. Holy crap, P90's rule! [thumbup]

5068_100dpi_zps6327682e.jpg

5082_100dpi_zps66ca2ec5.jpg

Here are a couple better photos now that I have it cleaned up. I had one minor catastrophe yesterday. When I was taking the knobs off, the shaft broke on the tone pot. Luckily I had some old 250k pots from my LP so I soldered a new one in there. I think eventually, I'm going to put in some 500k pots. I only got to play it for about 20 minutes before the Penguins game. I love the sound already. Holy crap, P90's rule! [thumbup]

5068_100dpi_zps6327682e.jpg

5082_100dpi_zps66ca2ec5.jpg

Nice wall of records!

Archived