Gibson Brands Forums

crossroads movie

guitar_randy

Anyone else like the 1986 movie crossroads,where karate kid battles steve via in guitar duel against the devil?

I own the movie and like to watch it alot.

I guess this is kinda random,but just was curious what others think of it?

Maybe Axe knows what kind of pickups were used in the Telecaster in that movie?

That was my first exposure of Steve Vai and I have a mp3 of the entire duel and listen to it in the car driving around. The movie was cutting edge as for the guitar playing go rather than have a actor that has no clue about guitars pretend they can play guitar they had stunt hands' date=' lol. Steve Vai played his stuff (beginning of duel became a song for Vai called "Bad Horsie") and Arlen Roth traded the real licks. Also was another first for me being exposed to Carvin and Jackson equipment. That little head cutting scene was the icing on the cake; loads of sweet slide playing in that moving also.

Although if you mention this movie you have to mention the all time greats, cult creating, marriage breaking, and one of the few movies in the world that allows for you to watch it over and over again and enjoy every time like it was the first time you saw this movie. Of course I am talking about the Les Paul sustaining, amps that go to eleven, drummer blowing up during the gig movie called "[u']Spinal Tap[/u]".

+100000000

Yeah!

Flight959

The guitar duel is called "Eugenes bag of tricks"...I tried to learn it years back. I got the sheet music and set out to

nail it. I can do some of it' date=' but most of its outta my league.[/quote']

Yea,it beyond me as well.

I really like that Delta blues stuff with the slide and the finger pickiing.

I am going to see how far I can get to sound like that .I could listen to that all day long.

Archived