Gibson Brands Forums

Goin To See Dylan Thursday

Rocky4

All advanced sales for Sundays UM show got free general admission tix for Thursdays Dylan concert. My Morning Jacket and Wilco playing in support. What a great summer this is going to be. Devil Makes Three and Yonder Mtn coming up and Kenny Wayne Shepherd headlining and Elvin Bishop playing the Peoria Blues Festival.

My kingdom for a BluRay of the Hard Rain teevee show from back then. Listen to that record once a month whether I need to or not.

rct

It's a shame that's not available for home viewing. I listen to the record a lot myself, and try to make do with the couple of YouTube snippets that are out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz652bW-nLE

Yeah, and tell Bob I threw out my denim vest and stomped my harmonica holder once I started getting into blues. [laugh]

Just kidding. But bring earplugs in case he plays harmonica. [omg]

... or sings

It's a shame that's not available for home viewing. I listen to the record a lot myself, and try to make do with the couple of YouTube snippets that are out there:

I know man, they have to do. I remember as far back as late 90s talking about putting that thing out. I'm pretty sure it is available in France, but isn't worth getting it sent here. A show on for one night in America in 1976 is only available in France in the year 2013? MAN, poker is weird in this town.

rct

Good thing it was free. The sound was horrible. Wilco was mediocre at best with Nels Cline not having any spotlight at all. After Dylan's third song of undecipherable lyrics, I, along with many others, called it a night. It was like being in a morgue compared to Sundays UM show...

Archived