Gibson Brands Forums

You've got to admit....pretty wood!!!

onewilyfool

" Yup love how its not natural too! "

Me too. That color is chocolate, I think it's more like root beer. Dayum I'm getting hungry. I seriously dig that brown finish. That was a great choice IMO.

That maple is outrageous! I especially like the sides. I can think of at least half dozen other issues of the J-45 I'd rather have though.

Fun eye candy for sure. EAR candy? Who knows? [confused]

Beautiful! Because of the color, I thought it was quilted mahogany when I first saw it. Too bad I am not a big fan of maple guitars, though.

I'm not a big maple fan either but I would buy this one on looks alone.

Sold, $1914...

Quilt maple J-45 eBay listing

Whether or not one is into the dramatic appeal of the wood selection, the maple does tend to lend a "sweet" sound to the J-45. String selection can take it back from the brink, a bit.

Still far from the "flash" of a Vine model, or any other MOP overdose.

Just as interesting to see how this costly upgrade faired in the market, which still seems to be to the advantage of the buyer.

Sold, $1914...

Quilt maple J-45 eBay listing

Whether or not one is into the dramatic appeal of the wood selection, the maple does tend to lend a "sweet" sound to the J-45. String selection can take it back from the brink, a bit.

Still far from the "flash" of a Vine model, or any other MOP overdose.

Just as interesting to see how this costly upgrade faired in the market, which still seems to be to the advantage of the buyer.

Yep...buyer wins again!!

Archived