Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Hummingbird TV

Joe M

Just brought this new beauty home yesterday and what a cannon. I strum probably 95% of the time and the other 5% flat pick and this guitar is perfect for both. I had a standard 'bird about a year ago and, honestly, wasn't really impressed with the sound I got out of it, even though it was a beauty to look at and play. The TV is a whole different animal. It projects almost as much as my HD28V, which I always felt was the biggest sound I have ever heard. Of course, the Gibson sound is different than the Martin's, but it's a toss-up for volume between the two.

The case for the guitar was quite disconcerting at first. I thought that maybe it was the wrong case for the guitar. I had to push quite firmly to get the guitar to settle into the case. I'm sure that after the padding compresses a bit it will be easier to get into. And, the case must weigh 15 pounds by itself, I'm glad I don't gig with the guitar, I'd be tired carting that case around.

Unfortunately, after I was able to get the guitar home yesterday, a bunch of personal things have come up which have kept me from playing it like I'd like; probably won't be able to get back to it till later today. Guess the wait will make the pleasure of getting back to it much better when I finally do.

Maybe the best part is that the dealer where I bought the guitar cut me such a great deal on the price, I really couldn't pass it up. I've done a lot of business with him and he always gives me great prices. He had the guitar marked down quite a bit from his regular price and gave me quite a bit more off when he realized that I was serious about purchasing it. I probably would have bought it anyway at his sale price but when he discounted it even more, it was a no-brainer.

So, now I'm just waiting for the business at hand this morning to get over with so I can get back to my new baby, throw a new set of strings on her, and play until my fingers get sore.....

Congrats. Welcome to the club. Everyone is different, but all "Pure Gibson" ! Pace yourself, or you'll get blisters under your callouses! Do a little finger picking too. You'll be really pleased. But strumming, you'll never hear it getting muddy. Each note is clear! Enjoy!

Another celebrations ahead - another Bird finds its nest.

What a swell party this is. . .

Yep we sure look forward to pictures and samples - the more over the Board, the more interesting.

Don't worry about the case. It is very tight and needs a squeeze. And just as heavy as it is beautiful.

'Ave a nice weekend - and please report further, , , on the sound and everything.

Brilliant JCV - apart from the fact that the Bird-fest isn't over.

Love that tune and have played with 2 girl-singers and an extra guitar a lot.

Neil and Crazy Horse just canceled a show I was goin to next week - Poncho Sampedro is down.

And what a shame -

Archived