Gibson Brands Forums

quite a collection

blindboygrunt

The things I like about Vince Gill are his ability to play acoustic guitar in an acoustic guitar manner, then he can play a Telecaster and get the twang thang just right or he can switch to a Strat and rock out AND his voice is just great. But the main thing is that he has impeccable taste and a lot of class. Just my take on his musicianship and talent.

Unfortunately, there are the stirrer's and hater's who are always lightening quick to share their negative

opinions with the world.

Love him or hate him, Vince Gill can sing and play rings around almost anyone you care to name.

Thing is, why the stirrers and haters? I could tell you VG was a bit of a guitar whizz, bit of a studio ace an all that, couldn't tell you a single song he was famous for or that one he was known for writing etc...

Love the collection, but two issues.......

First, that drawer idea is brilliant for storage. If I could build a dream guitar room, I'd use that idea. Easy access, with room above for the stands, etc. Love it, but no neck support? I don't like that idea. I'd build in some cradles so that ES wasn't laying on it's headstock.

And......made me weep when he smacked that strat headstock off the drawer.......lol.

Vince is a great player who's passion for guitars is obvious.

NHTom

I have to agree with the last fellow's comments. Vince Gill is an unbelievable songwriter. For those of you readers who are songwriters, if you have not tapped into Vince Gill's songs from a songwriting perspective you are really missing out. Regarding his guitar playing skills, look at anything on YouTube. The vocals are very powerful and very smooth. If you really want to see him in a fantastic setting where he is a band member and not the band LEADER, don't miss The Time Jumpers in concert. Plus, how many people have been inducted into the country music hall of fame at the age of 50. That's pretty young fellows!!!

I've already made comments about Vince Gill. Here is an example of his vocal harmony and guitar skills. I'm not even religious but I think this is the best live performance I have ever seen. This song slays me. Carrie Underwood is one of the best singers I've ever heard. The two of them together is unbelievable. But lots of lady singers are in awe of Vince Gill and have chosen him for duets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk&feature=youtu.be

I've already made comments about Vince Gill. Here is an example of his vocal harmony and guitar skills. I'm not even religious but I think this is the best live performance I have ever seen. This song slays me. Carrie Underwood is one of the best singers I've ever heard. The two of them together is unbelievable. But lots of lady singers are in awe of Vince Gill and have chosen him for duets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk&feature=youtu.be

Hmmmm yeah, liked that myself . I can see why you liked it

Thing is, why the stirrers and haters? I could tell you VG was a bit of a guitar whizz, bit of a studio ace an all that, couldn't tell you a single song he was famous for or that one he was known for writing etc...

PM, So, what is your point? Vince Gill is mediocre? or, Living in Luxembourg, you are not really familiar with his work?

So much hate in one so young...oh my...must be all that reductionist finance malarky getting in ya head..hehehehehehe

Ah, god love him.....Don't worry man you'll get back up to speed soon, we shouldn't expect much on yer first full day I suppose. Good to see you joining in though, Gazza.

But, back on track, being trapped in a fiscal oasis does have it's down points, I don't know what 'Miley twerks on a thicke boaby' even means....

Ah, god love him.....Don't worry man you'll get back up to speed soon, we shouldn't expect much on yer first full day I suppose. Good to see you joining in though, Gazza.

But, back on track, being trapped in a fiscal oasis does have it's down points, I don't know what 'Miley twerks on a thicke boaby' even means....

haha..was laffin at the Gazza quip the other day PM

i see ya on form..i'll soon b back to speed ;)

have a good day my man

Archived