Gibson Brands Forums

NGD-33 1/3 %

bonzoboy

Today I had a couple of hours to waste while I was out to town for a medical appointment so I dropped by my local mom and pop music store,Reid Music,and looked at some of the beautiful guitars that they had along the wall.My eyes lit on a beautiful transparent blue Ibanez Artcore AFS 75 T with an Ibanez Bigsby type vibrato arm and Seymour Duncan pickups.The guitar was used but you could have fooled me,there was no sign of any wear or nicks etc. on it at all,so the previous owner must be as obsessive as I am over keeping guitars mint.Anyway I plugged it into a Fender Pro Reverb and gave her a try out and I was floored by the lovely jazz tones that I could get from the neck Duncan.The action was a bit high for my liking and the strings were at least 10s so that's 3 gauges heavier than I am used to but I was surprised about how easy it was to play even with the way it was set up.Anyway they gave me a great price on it and I immediately paid 1/3 down on her.I felt that I had to get a guitar today as the deal that I had set up for a 1968 Gibson B-25-12 fell through,so I had to get something to ease the pain...lol.They also had a beautiful 90s Fender Strat XII 12 string but at $799,it was a bit over my present budget,even though I've wanted one since they first came out in the early 90s.Anyway they quoted me a great price on a Squier Jaguar Bass with the Jag wiring and Jazz Bass and P Bass pickups,so that's next on my list.

On Thursday I go in to get the carpal tunnel correction surgery on my left hand and wrist so that should help alleviate some of my hand problems but as of now I still am not any closer to getting a diagnosis of what neuro-muscular problem is causing all of the other complications with my hands.I wish that I had the bucks to go to the Mayo Clinic and get a proper investigation and diagnosis.

Artcore guitars are nice, I just want your hands fixed. You deserve your hands to be fixed. I've been following your pain, I truly feel it as best I can, I want a miracle done for you.

But yes, more guitars are always a good thing.......Wishing you well Bonzo, and my wife does as well........Very sincerely.

Bonzo...

I'm with Damian when he wrote, "Artcore guitars are nice, I just want your hands fixed. You deserve your hands to be fixed. I've been following your pain, I truly feel it as best I can, I want a miracle done for you."

I don't think it could be said much better.

m

Archived