Gibson Brands Forums

MV's Emmylou Harris review

JuanCarlosVejar

it's Fuller's lol

and I actually had a list of customs I wanted to do with them and they stopped making customs right when I was going to order one .

they may seem like alot but when you consider that they have been over a couple of years and that each one has taken anywhere from 4 to 7 months .

it really becomes old orders just coming in . the reason I am getting this group together all in one place it because as a lefty you can't walk into a guitar store and play a bunch of custom shop models that have been built lefty .

I can only thank Fuller's for actually playing into my dream of being surrounded by fine proper lefty gibson acoustics which I can compare and take notes and A/B as most of you righthanded guys do so often . I'm just a guy trying to have the same fun and selection that everyone of the righty's has every day he walks in to a guitar store .

I'm not just keeping stuff just because ... I'm actually hoping that will help me give all of you guys feedback on what sounds good what sounds great which neck profile feels good and all that stuff that is constantly talked about here.

so If I find an Emmylou it will also help me compare against the J200M I just posted . Again I just want to have the experience that you guys all have

JC

I love their reviews.

And JC... Your money... Your life. No explanations needed amigo. You work hard and are entitled to enjoy the best damn sin there is... Well almost best sin.

You should see guys in my town with cars, wine, golf clubs....

Guitars are tame, and wholesome. Enjoy them and report back when you get them!

I love their reviews.

And JC... Your money... Your life. No explanations needed amigo. You work hard and are entitled to enjoy the best damn sin there is... Well almost best sin.

You should see guys in my town with cars, wine, golf clubs....

Guitars are tame, and wholesome. Enjoy them and report back when you get them!

Hey Sal ,

thanks I will write all the details I can and I'm glad you enjoyed the review .

JC

I played one at GC two summers ago, just before I bought my j45.. It was "used" and they were asking 1800 for it. Real nice guitar. To me at that time, I thought it had the volume of a rosewood CJ165 they had. It seemed a little bit bigger, but not much. To me it seems kind of like a specialty guitar. Don't know that it would fit well with me, but it was a sweet instrument and could be a holy grail for some. I think there are still 2-3 videos on YouTube of Emmy Lou playing one, although in most videos she's playing a J200 or a large dreadnaught.

it's Fuller's lol

and I actually had a list of customs I wanted to do with them and they stopped making customs right when I was going to order one .

they may seem like alot but when you consider that they have been over a couple of years and that each one has taken anywhere from 4 to 7 months .

it really becomes old orders just coming in . the reason I am getting this group together all in one place it because as a lefty you can't walk into a guitar store and play a bunch of custom shop models that have been built lefty .

I can only thank Fuller's for actually playing into my dream of being surrounded by fine proper lefty gibson acoustics which I can compare and take notes and A/B as most of you righthanded guys do so often . I'm just a guy trying to have the same fun and selection that everyone of the righty's has every day he walks in to a guitar store .

I'm not just keeping stuff just because ... I'm actually hoping that will help me give all of you guys feedback on what sounds good what sounds great which neck profile feels good and all that stuff that is constantly talked about here.

so If I find an Emmylou it will also help me compare against the J200M I just posted . Again I just want to have the experience that you guys all have

JC

Ah, fair enough, fella. I'm all for a man (or woman) following their dreams.

it's Fuller's lol

JC

'tis a crying shame we don't live closer together, we'd have a blast trying out each other's Gibsons!

I played one at GC two summers ago, just before I bought my j45.. It was "used" and they were asking 1800 for it. Real nice guitar. To me at that time, I thought it had the volume of a rosewood CJ165 they had. It seemed a little bit bigger, but not much. To me it seems kind of like a specialty guitar. Don't know that it would fit well with me, but it was a sweet instrument and could be a holy grail for some. I think there are still 2-3 videos on YouTube of Emmy Lou playing one, although in most videos she's playing a J200 or a large dreadnaught.

That's what I thought, a CJ 165 but flashy.

Archived