Gibson Brands Forums

"Musician" defined

fortyearspickn

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/Rabs2010/media/98_n_zpsd4b15169.jpg.html

"A musician is someone who will load $5,000 worth of gear into a $500 car to drive 100 miles to a $50 gig."

Sort of like The Starving Artist concept, we are all tempted to spend more time and money and emotional capital on our "craft", than our family and friends at times understand.

Every time I get GAS, knowing I really do have enough guitars for me... I just think of the sarcastic Texas comment "Big hat, no cattle." The hat as a metaphor for the guitar and the cattle as a metaphor for talent!

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/Rabs2010/media/98_n_zpsd4b15169.jpg.html

"A musician is someone who will load $5,000 worth of gear into a $500 car to drive 100 miles to a $50 gig."

Sort of like The Starving Artist concept, we are all tempted to spend more time and money and emotional capital on our "craft", than our family and friends at times understand.

Every time I get GAS, knowing I really do have enough guitars for me... I just think of the sarcastic Texas comment "Big hat, no cattle." The hat as a metaphor for the guitar and the cattle as a metaphor for talent!

Damn! I resemble everyone of those remarks.

And...spend $30 at the bar after the gig.

Thanks to Toby Walker for that add on.

Don't forget the accommodation.....

Choice one:

Venue owner gives you one room between seven band members - he says: "You guys all live together like the Beatles, don't you?"

Choice two:

Pay for the fleabag motel yourself.

Choice three:

Sleep in the car if you could afford to drive it there.

Choice four:

Sleep with the gear in the truck/van.

Choice four:

Drive home sober.

Choice five:

Drive home pissed after drinking the free beer from the barman cleaning the lines....

Choice six:

Sleep next to the river and the toilets at a tourist spot.

Choice seven:

Sleep in the river or the toilets at the tourist spot.

Choice eight:

Sleep on a haystack after driving miles and miles and miles to the gig organiser's father's farm where the promised accommodation for all the band falls through when the father comes running out with a shotgun worrying about 'all these long haired musicians' and 'move them along, they aren't staying here son, or you can go with them to....." etc, etc.

And the 'Accountants" here will never fall for any of these tricks, will they? They will play the covers band instead of keeping their integrity intact playing original tunes, or lower than low.......blues....

BluesKing777.

Don't forget the accommodation.....

Choice one:

Venue owner gives you one room between seven band members - he says: "You guys all live together like the Beatles, don't you?"

Choice two:

Pay for the fleabag motel yourself.

Choice three:

Sleep in the car if you could afford to drive it there.

Choice four:

Sleep with the gear in the truck/van.

Choice four:

Drive home sober.

Choice five:

Drive home pissed after drinking the free beer from the barman cleaning the lines....

Choice six:

Sleep next to the river and the toilets at a tourist spot.

Choice seven:

Sleep in the river or the toilets at the tourist spot.

Choice eight:

Sleep on a haystack after driving miles and miles and miles to the gig organiser's father's farm where the promised accommodation for all the band falls through when the father comes running out with a shotgun worrying about 'all these long haired musicians' and 'move them along, they aren't staying here son, or you can go with them to....." etc, etc.

And the 'Accountants" here will never fall for any of these tricks, will they? They will play the covers band instead of keeping their integrity intact playing original tunes, or lower than low.......blues....

BluesKing777.

Choice 1 was always get a nice girl to take you home

...And the 'Accountants" here will never fall for any of these tricks, will they? They will play the covers band instead of keeping their integrity intact playing original tunes, or lower than low.......blues....

BluesKing777.

How many times do I have to say on here I'm not an accountant.......

Archived