Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Halloween...

daveinspain

I don't want to appear a killjoy but I have a big problem with "Halloween".

I am not religious in any sense at all so I am not coming at this from a Christian or any kind of religious angle.

However, this celebration strikes me as absolutely without meaning unless it is just "fun" but, if it is "just fun" then why not have "Halloween" on December 25th? Or any day?

It does strike me that many commercial interests have got hold of "Halloween" and push it to the nth degree as a way of milking the gullible public of cash.

And that is it for me. I think the "celebration" (if that is what is is) is absurd.

I am not religious in any sense at all so I am not coming at this from a Christian or any kind of religious angle.

However, this celebration strikes me as absolutely without meaning unless it is just "fun" but, if it is "just fun" then why not have "Halloween" on December 25th? Or any day?

It does strike me that many commercial interests have got hold of "Halloween" and push it to the nth degree as a way of milking the gullible public of cash.

And that is it for me. I think the "celebration" (if that is what is is) is absurd.

Hey have some fun, stimulate the economy.... Sheeezzze...

Guest Farnsbarns

In what way is 31 Oct not "any day"?

Guest Farnsbarns

NO MIDDLE ENDIAN DATES

Wouldn't Oct 31 be middle endian while 31 Oct would be little endian , otherwise known as correct. I mean, the clue is in the name, the middle is the middle, not the end.

Wouldn't Oct 31 be middle endian while 31 Oct would be little endian , otherwise known as correct. I mean, the clue is in the name, the middle is the middle, not the end.

I have no idea, I can't keep any of it straight. I do think yours is Little Endian and I was a bit overzealous in my hollering at you not to do that. My first typing was NO BLEEDIN LIME GIT DATES but that wouldn't be appropriate in mixed company so I amended it incorrectly.

We are, for the most part, the only country that uses Gregorian Month Day Year. And we are correct, as usual.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

No problem mate. You want Halloween on 31st Oct then have it then. Fine by me.

I don't want it all, thankfully I live n a country that barely notices it. I just couldn't work out what you meant asking why it can't be on any day, it sort of is any old day isn't it?

Guest Farnsbarns

I have no idea, I can't keep any of it straight. I do think yours is Little Endian and I was a bit overzealous in my hollering at you not to do that. My first typing was NO BLEEDIN LIME GIT DATES but that wouldn't be appropriate in mixed company so I amended it incorrectly.

We are, for the most part, the only country that uses Gregorian Month Day Year. And we are correct, as usual.

rct

[rolleyes][-(

......LIME GIT DATES............ And we are correct, as usual.

Eh? Ummm....well...is that some kind of fruit?

Did you mean 'Limey'? [laugh]

I'm gonna tell Kate. We all know each other over here y'know....

You have a right to your opinion, but give me a freakin' break ...

Archived