Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar places in Chicago?

matonanjin

Chicago Music Exchange has some incredible vintage guitars in their inventory,they now have in stock what is probably the most pristine 1960 Les Paul Standard in the world,it is absolutely blemish free and has to be at least a 9.5.they also have one of the 3 Gibson EBS-1250s made in 1966,it's going for $15,000,they also have a 1960 ES-335 with a 345 neck but that's pretty steep at $45,000 but most likely has PAFs.Enjoy your trip,I wish I could make a pilgrimage to C.M.E.

I sure it will be cold there then, I would go to a restaraunt there called "Heaven on Seven" if its still there? Good Cajun food. I'll warm ya up. Or Gino's pizza.

I googled Heaven on seven, its still in business. 600 michigan ave.

Not exactly a guitar place, but Yes!!!! I've been to Heaven on Seven. Stumbled into it when shopping downtown with my wife a couple years ago. It's great.

For classical guitars...

Deeman,

is Sherry-Brener still going strong? That's where I got my good one back around '71. Swapped it (@#$%#$%) a cupla years later for a Gretsch, that got swapped for something or another...

m

For classical guitars...

Deeman,

is Sherry-Brener still going strong? That's where I got my good one back around '71. Swapped it (@#$%#$%) a cupla years later for a Gretsch, that got swapped for something or another...

m

It's there but i've never been. Perhaps i'll check it out one of these days now

They had really nice classical guitars, some flamenco guitars...

Not inexpensive though.

OTOH, figure it's been well over 40 years since I was there... or doin' much of anything else in Chitown besides overnighting at a motel near Ohare. And even that's been a cupla decades.

m

Archived