Gibson Brands Forums

Boogie owners unite!

KSG_Standard

RoadKing and a 2x12 cabinet. Amazingly powerful with a lot of flexibility truly has the complete tonal range of three or four different amps.

I don't play it often but it's not because of anything negative I just use smaller amps most of the time and if I really need to go lous I usually use my SLO100 but it's a killer amp.

Mesa Stiletto Deuce (first version). Eh... the clean channel sounds pretty good when I whack the preamp with a boost pedal but the dirty channel is too bright and fizzy sounding; IMO, a two channel amp should at least have a good dirty channel. It it's defense, the dirty does sound decent with humbuckers but it's pretty much useless with a Strat. Apparently, Mesa changed some of the voicings when they redesigned it to the current version.

I bought a late (2000/2001) Blue Angel 1;12 combo from a guy in California I met in another forum. He had changed the speaker to a Neo, and I wasn't interested in that, so bought it without the speaker. I ordered a V30 and they both arrived the same day.

I have gigged 40/50 weeks a year for the last 30+ years with many paid gigs when I was a minor all over the U.S.A.

I like bars, I guess......

I took it the first weekend and put it on an amp stand, my regular amp at the time was a Fender Prosonic 2;10 combo. Sometimes I would put it on the stand, sometimes on the floor, sometimes kicked back with Fender legs I put on it. The Prosonic is a very unique amp as well, look it up, it has different tube rectifier options and a cascading gain channel, along with a normal channel.

The Blue Angel blew me away. I ordered a NICE flight case for it the following Monday morning.

A single channel, non master amp is what rock was made from, and fizzy/fuzzy distortion is not my thing. With my ES-339, and the 2;6V6 setting cranked about 1:00, with a tubescreamer set for a fairly clean boost, get outa town!

I put a Mullard GZ34 in the rectifier, and just retubed the power tubes a few months ago with Boogies. Got some JJ's for spares and to try next.

The preamp tubes are stock.

I'm playing Classic Rock, Blues, Classic Country, and Motown in 150/300 seat bars pretty much.

The amp is bulletproof, and a tone MONSTER. But in the flight case it weighs 700 pounds...........

Best to ya.

Murph.

I HAVE A BOOGIE!!!!!!! if im not mistaken its an 82 mark II b, acctually im not sure,

but i LOVE it, never have i been so impressed

i play clean, with a little reverb (i love the boogie's reverb) but i'l also throw in some distortion, wah, dynamic filter, etc.. and they all sound great through the boogie

man that amp gets LOUD

id post some pics, but its currently residing in the band's jamhouse

I bought a late (2000/2001) Blue Angel 1;12 combo from a guy in California I met in another forum. He had changed the speaker to a Neo' date=' and I wasn't interested in that, so bought it without the speaker. I ordered a V30 and they both arrived the same day.

[/quote']

My Blue Angel still has the original Celestion Custom 90 (90 watt rating) in it...I've been wanting to replace it with a V30 (30 watt rating?)...The lower wattage rated speaker gives you a little earlier breakup?

KSG, I THINK the V30 is rated for 60 watts.

I wanted it kind of creamy, not so much "in your face" as the G12-75's/80's whatever (I think?) that were in my Marshall 1/2 stack (1960A with the JCM900 4100 w/EL34's) I traded for the Prosonic. But the Marshall cab was bulletproof reliable for nearly a decade, and the Prosonic had Celestion "Fender Custom Shop" 10's and they have been bulletproof.

So I was real comfortable going with the Celestion, and, it worked out great. I'll never change it until it goes down.

My (later) Blue Angel is quiet as a Church mouse, I've read about them humming, but mine doesn't. It gigs weekly and I have no plans to replace it. I'd like to hear a LSS 1;12 because it'll fit my flight case, (for a backup, in case the Blue Angel went down and had to go to California) but the closest dealer is a day trip (round trip) and I really don't think it'll have the headroom I require, because it's a freakin' master volume amp on both channels. Why Randall didn't give it a clean channel you could push is beyond me.

Best to ya.

Murph.

I have a studio 22+ (without the graphic eq). It was my first amp and I stuck to it. I kinda wish it has the graphic eq, but I got a boss eq pedal instead and now it is as versatile as ever. Loove the clean tones from it and the creamy rich overdrive tones as well.

sorry to change the thread,

but hey the_HEWC

you use a boss grphic equalizer? do you like it? cost?

my boogie has one so im set for my guitar, but i play my mandolin through a fender twin and things could be altered for the better a little bit, ive been thinking about one for my mando

sorry to change the thread' date='

but hey the_HEWC

you use a boss grphic equalizer? do you like it? cost?

my boogie has one so im set for my guitar, but i play my mandolin through a fender twin and things could be altered for the better a little bit, ive been thinking about one for my mando[/quote']

Hey James.... Tell me about your Mandolin. I've got a 1933 Gibson A-00 that belonged to Scotty Stoneman. I'm going to get Donna Stoneman to sign it very soon. Maybe even Roni. And Patsy.....

Best of luck.

Murph.

Archived