Gibson Brands Forums

Really?

retrorod

I really can,t beleive how PC sensitive this country has become......I thought the internet was like the wild, wild west.... thoughts and views from everyone....I guess that some are more 'privileged' than others when "putting down" others??....or should I re-phrase...."more tactile"!

Rod

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean really. Because some A-hole on the forum has a problem with the views of a Gibson-playing R&R artist and gets his or her panties in a wad.....the thread is shut-down???

What the hey, Johnson? REALLY?

another one I missed totally - I'm always late to the party and missing the good stuff - is it permissible to reveal the identity of the "Gibson-playing R&R artist" ?

my curiosity is all-consuming...

It would be great to come here and interact about guitars. Unfortunately, the emotional terrorists have long since hijacked the forum to vent personal issues. There is far too much hypersensitivity here and far too high an expectation that everyone is going to be willing to agree with everything a core group of six people believe. Buck the system, and they will ride you like a two-bit pony outside a Safeway.

You should stop expecting reason when you sign in here. Bring a fire extinguisher, and be willing to turn it on yourself.

It would be great to come here and interact about guitars. Unfortunately, the emotional terrorists have long since hijacked the forum to vent personal issues. There is far too much hypersensitivity here and far too high an expectation that everyone is going to be willing to agree with everything a core group of six people believe. Buck the system, and they will ride you like a two-bit pony outside a Safeway.

You should stop expecting reason when you sign in here. Bring a fire extinguisher, and be willing to turn it on yourself.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

All this brings to mind the George Carlin "Do You Believe in God" bit.

The list of taboo words and thoughts has gotten mighty long indeed. Hard as heck to keep up with.

I prefer not to listen to Ted at all no matter what he is doing. But you call Ted a troglodyte for his views then the chasm separating you from him is not so great. If everybody would just ignore these guys they might just go away.

Lawdy, I feel a verse of "Let's Get Together" coming on.

All this brings to mind the George Carlin "Do You Believe in God" bit.

The list of taboo words and thoughts has gotten mighty long indeed. Hard as heck to keep up with.

I prefer not to listen to Ted at all no matter what he is doing. But you call Ted a troglodyte for his views then the chasm separating you from him is not so great. If everybody would just ignore these guys they might just go away.

Lawdy, I feel a verse of "Let's Get Together" coming on.

I am wondering what you think troglodyte means. In my dictionary it says 'cave dweller'. Also please note that I applied it to his political views, not to him. If I were to characterize him I would probably choose something from Carlin's list.

I guess we all agree it is as silly to suggest we should love a person who is a good guitarist if we revile him as a person, as it is to write "why can't we all get along?"

The issue here is really one of respect for other forum members. I would guess 99% of us have it. But there are a few who wait for a topic or comment to pounce on the offender with all the verbal wit and, unfortunately, venom they can muster.

For our non-USA friends. Ted Nugent is most noted for his guitar playing (electric) but a close runner up is his strong,vocal support of gun ownership, IE our Second Amendment.

Since the original thread was mercifully deleted (it had gotten pretty bad with name calling) you, gentle reader will have to read into the comments here to get an idea of who the protagonist is and who the antagonist is.

It is no surprise that, since our Congress has become polarized (non-bi-partisan) that our country is becoming that way, as reflected sometimes here as "politics" can become as invasive as crabgrass if you let it.

Hope this helps those of you who were spared the brief flare up yesterday afternoon.

I am wondering what you think troglodyte means. In my dictionary it says 'cave dweller'. Also please note that I applied it to his political views, not to him. If I were to characterize him I would probably choose something from Carlin's list.

And given Uncle Ted's political views calling him a Trog is a very PC thing to say.

I guess we all agree it is as silly to suggest we should love a person who is a good guitarist if we revile him as a person, as it is to write "why can't we all get along?"

The issue here is really one of respect for other forum members. I would guess 99% of us have it. But there are a few who wait for a topic or comment to pounce on the offender with all the verbal wit and, unfortunately, venom they can muster.

For our non-USA friends. Ted Nugent is most noted for his guitar playing (electric) but a close runner up is his strong,vocal support of gun ownership, IE our Second Amendment.

Since the original thread was mercifully deleted (it had gotten pretty bad with name calling) you, gentle reader will have to read into the comments here to get an idea of who the protagonist is and who the antagonist is.

It is no surprise that, since our Congress has become polarized (non-bi-partisan) that our country is becoming that way, as reflected sometimes here as "politics" can become as invasive as crabgrass if you let it.

Hope this helps those of you who were spared the brief flare up yesterday afternoon.

It is about respect but respect is earned not owed. When one member mocks another member in a post (say for example in this case where a Nuge video is posted and I am called out, for no reason, by the OP as someone who will dismissive of the subject as my feelings about the guy (Ted) are well known, well that's tantamount (look it up, Rod) to baiting me. In that case I will see just how far I can put my digital foot up his digital axx. Every single time. Had I not been mentioned by name in that post at the outset, I'd have ignored it as I try to do with all of the OP's drivel. So, where does the disrespect originate from in this case? Should it have gone unanswered? Curious to know your thoughts had it been you instead of me.….

And given Uncle Ted's political views calling him a Trog is a very PC thing to say.

OK you are being way too subtle for me here. Whatever. TN's political views are stupid and he himself is a jackass. Why are we discussing him here? This is the Gibson Acoustic board.

It is about respect but respect is earned not owed. When one member mocks another member in a post (say for example in this case where a Nuge video is posted and I am called out, for no reason, by the OP as someone who will dismissive of the subject as my feelings about the guy (Ted) are well known, well that's tantamount (look it up, Rod) to baiting me. In that case I will see just how far I can put my digital foot up his digital axx. Every single time. Had I not been mentioned by name in that post at the outset, I'd have ignored it as I try to do with all of the OP's drivel. So, where does the disrespect originate from in this case? Should it have gone unanswered? Curious to know your thoughts had it been you instead of me.….

You are right. He should just stfu and spare us the right wing politics. Learn to compartmentalize Retrorod! Save that shirt for your rabid right echo chamber.

JG, I actually read that thread a few times. Didn't see anywhere that you were called out, so I can't comment on how I would feel.

But, I would like to thank you and JerryK for helping me make my point.

Peace Out.

OK you are being way too subtle for me here. Whatever. TN's political views are stupid and he himself is a jackass. Why are we discussing him here? This is the Gibson Acoustic board.

He does play a Byrdland which I always thought was an odd pairing but the guy really is a crappy acoustic guitar player.

JG, I actually read that thread a few times. Didn't see anywhere that you were called out, so I can't comment on how I would feel.

But, I would like to thank you and JerryK for helping me make my point.

Peace Out.

I was called out in the very first post with the link to the video. Kinda tough to miss. I've read enough of your comments over time to know that you and Rod are birds of a feather so I'll weigh your comments accordingly.

Archived