Gibson Brands Forums

CAPS LOCK

KSG_Standard

Most of the time' date=' christians give christians a bad name... not that I am one, and not that there would be anything wrong with being one...

Sadly the ones giving them a bad name just couldnt care less ("bad christians")... and the "good" christians (if there is such a thing (just kidding!)vthat would fit more into other religions) are the ones getting sh-t and being molested for being christians. [/quote']

Thundergod, not going to go into it here, but there is a huge difference between RELIGION and FAITH. My thoughts are faith=good, religion=?

Yep' date=' the world sucks.[/quote']

Is that what keeps us from floating into space?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thundergod' date=' not going to go into it here, but there is a huge difference between RELIGION and FAITH. My thoughts are faith=good, religion=?

[/quote']

Exactly! I agree 100%

Is that what keeps us from floating into space?

I dunno... momma always said there was magnets hiden in our shoes :-k

Even though you've been hurt by some Christian somewhere and you still insist on attacking me... I forgive you.

I still don't think I ever said I was a Christian or not. Who knows' date=' pehaps I'd like to convert you into Islam and teach you mosque dogma.

Either way, I forgive you.

[/quote']

I'm sorry to break this to you, but I never had a bad x-tian event. I mean when I was a kid I probably could have used the extra attention some creepy preacher could have provided, but it never happened. In fact I in general believe in the basic moral values of which Jesus spoke. It's his followers that give that message a bad name.

If you must know, the reason I quit theism was because I actually read the bible. Three times. Old and New Test. cover to cover. I even studied world religions for a time in college.

Ok, just for the record I do find it offensive for you to forgive me. Reason is that I have done nothing wrong. Forgivness was unnecessary. At this point to do so would be an insult. So that being said, let us see what you do next.

I'm sorry to break this to you' date=' but I never had a bad x-tian event. I mean when I was a kid I probably could have used the extra attention some creepy preacher could have provided, but it never happened. In fact I in general believe in the basic moral values of which Jesus spoke. It's his followers that give that message a bad name.

If you must know, the reason I quit theism was because I actually read the bible. Three times. Old and New Test. cover to cover. I even studied world religions for a time in college.

Ok, just for the record I do find it offensive for you to forgive me. Reason is that I have done nothing wrong. Forgivness was unnecessary. At this point to do so would be an insult. So that being said, let us see what you do next.

[/quote']

Forgiveness for you is needed because of your demeaning of people who hold to a system of values based on religious system. Of course you wouldn't think you did anything wrong because you addmitted that you don't have those beliefs. You make your values as you go along.

At least a hindu has a set of values they try to uphold, as does a Buddhist, Islamist, Hare Krishna, Christian, and even many new agers. But you, you just make your value system up as you go along.

So in your defense is to try and put me on the defense by saying you're offended because I forgive you? Why is it you see no problem bashing anyones belief yet the moment something is said to you you scream that you are being insulted? It's an empty argument straight from the liberal handbook. You expect me to give a some rebutal that you can turn around cry "intolerance" in order to make yourself feel good by pointing blame at someone else.

Before you say I'm insulting you by forgiving you perhaps you should take a look at yourself and see how you treat others. I do remember the Bible saying something along that line... ya know since you've read it 3 times and all: "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

Here are some of your posts that one could view as being offensive - when I lived in Texas I was given some wise words, "Give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves." You have a pretty long rope homey.

"I think djroge1 should tutor CL in proper church dogma. Make him a crusader for christ. Convert him to another more productive endevor."

"It's the x-tian way. For that matter it's also the way of Islam. You'all should play cards on the weekends. Between floggings and marathon prayer rituals."

"So when you get all finished bashing gays or Muslims at your next little knee bending session and you and your cohorts are sitting in your local Red Lobster eating fried muscles in butter don't forget Leviticus also condemns you for eating shell fish."

"On the really fuc*ing stupid point of weather my J/k really was a covert attack of your beliefs. No it wasn't an attack of your beliefs. It was intended as an attack of you. Or more correctly people like you who think the world hates Christians. For Christ sakes (irony not lost on me) man are you so insecure in your beliefs that you see assassins under every table."

"I am so glad I don't live in your sad little world. I forgive you for your ignorance. "Thank you God for me not having been raised in that family"."

"So while your circling your Pagan Tree butt *** naked and contemplating the goat dance (ah yes the 'goat dance') burn a small sacrificial alter to your less then tolerant brethren. They need all the support they can get in these trying times' date=' what with that war on Christianity that never seems to end."

"You should have had a sections for Nazis. KfC and friends would have signed up." [/quote']

Then there was the who Merry CHRISTmas post... You remember the one where you bashed every person of the Christian faith.

So for all of that and speaking for myself, I forgive you.

For the record, I don't believe you when you said you never had a bad Christian event. In fact you mentioned you could have used the extra attention from a preacher - perhaps you own father is where the pain comes from; lack of attention as a child? Wherever the pain is coming from you need to deal with it. You can remain bitter or become better, but you have to first admit there is a need.

One last thing. I've tried to be nice to you, but you continue to try and put me down or make me mad or whatever. But when all is said and done, I still forgive you. I cannot expect you to act any other way. I have pretty thick skin and I deal with people with similar attitudes all the time because of where I live and what I do. So I hope you have a nice day.

what the **** happened to this thread??? some one said caps got banned and if this is so, he is probably on as a guest looking at this thread to see after shock of him being here. even though he is gone now he has managed to start a relegius argument in our nice little forum (the worst kind of argument). he's is probably at his computer laughing to himself over what he has done.

first i would like to say relegion is fine. but it is in a way abused by people. and there are so many different kinds of relegions. and it is almost impossible to convince someone of something against there relegion (if they tuely beleive in it) soo there is no poiint arguing over it. a preacher once said that church is for people who need it.

second of all i think we should all stop posting to this thread. caps is gone (as far as i know) and there is no point talking in his thread any more. every one just stop and let it die.

He will be gone soon. We've had a few of his kind hand out here. Most leave within a few days.

I think he is an extremely overweight british kid who has bad teeth' date=' a bad haircut and has only seen two women naked in his whole life--his 60-year-old mother and his 8-year-old sister. All the kids at school hate him and his Dad never hugged him when he was a baby.[/quote']

Exactly, A lonely bug. If he doesn't leave himself, maybe we can call the alians. grinning-smiley-17116.gifalien-smiley-126.gif

Then there was the who Merry CHRISTmas post... You remember the one where you bashed every person of the Christian faith.

So for all of that and speaking for myself' date=' I forgive you.

For the record, I don't believe you when you said you never had a bad Christian event. In fact you mentioned you could have used the extra attention from a preacher - perhaps you own father is where the pain comes from; lack of attention as a child? Wherever the pain is coming from you need to deal with it. You can remain bitter or become better, but you have to first admit there is a need.

One last thing. I've tried to be nice to you, but you continue to try and put me down or make me mad or whatever. But when all is said and done, I still forgive you. I cannot expect you to act any other way. I have pretty thick skin and I deal with people with similar attitudes all the time because of where I live and what I do. So I hope you have a nice day.

[/quote']

So you choose to insult me anyway. So much for all those moral values you seem to have. Perhaps you should find a few new ones.

AS for my father. The man is a saint. Best man I have ever known. Honest on all matters, honorable to the max. love his children and was always there when I needed anything. Never abusive in any way.

Archived