Gibson Brands Forums

Finally

R0Z

Hi guys. I came on here a couple of years ago to try to get some Les Paul insight because I wanted to get one(probably not all that memorable). The people on here were super friendly and helped me out by directing me to some posts by R-9 as well as offering up some insightful opinions. I struck out on my own armed with all my new information to try to find one that spoke to me.

As it turned out, in that time I found two SGs that spoke to me and bought them, but that is for another forum. I am a pretty picky guy and have discovered in years gone by that if you can get your hands on a guitar owned by a famous musician it enhances your chances of getting a player.

So after all this time I finally found the right Les Paul. It actually wasn't owned by a famous musician it was owned by a famous musician's(Randy Bachman) nephew. He ordered it from Long and McQuade up here in Vancouver and according to the guy I bought it from, it came from the Gibson factory with Graftech nut and saddles.

The guitar is a 2002 Les Paul Standard in Honey Burst. Apparently after Paxton bought it, he didn't like it as he had discovered he was a Fender guy. It had two owners since then and I guess they didn't like it either because it looks brand new with the exception of a couple of dings. When the guy I bought it from took it out of the case, the new guitar smell was overwhelming, so I guess it has mostly been in the case.

She is a looker for sure, but I don't really care what it looks like. I thought oh yeah, just another pretty face siting in a case under the bed. So I started to play it and I was playing the intro to 'See Me Feel Me' and when I hit the Eb maj7 chord, there was this beautiful full sustainy hard to describe tone that just rang out. I realized I had something special and just bought it without playing another note.

I just wanted to come on here and say thanks to all the people who were so kind to me despite what may have been some obvious questions, show her off and encourage people to be patient when in search of.

So without further ado because I know without pictures it didn't happen, here she is. Looks different from different angles and pictures don't come close do doing it justice, but it is the tone that sold me anyway.

Sorry about the lengthy post.

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

lp3.jpg

Stunning guitar! Beautiful finish & if it plays well, your wait was well worth it!

I waited for years before I was able to afford a Les Paul...Nothing quite like it in your hands! Enjoy!

Congrats, ROZ, on your great purchase! [thumbup]

No reason for being sorry about the length of your post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I feel you decribed your very points to a degree that every player here can imagine them.

The approach to finding instruments supporting one's expressions is a very personal thing. Glad you found one doing just that for you. [thumbup]

Gorgeous!

May you have many great times together for many, many years to come!

No reason for being sorry about the length of your post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I feel you decribed your very points to a degree that every player here can imagine them.

This says it perfectly.

Very well put, cap!

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks to everyone for their replies as well as their indulgence. I am pleased other people find the guitar attractive and the story interesting. Lots of nice people on this forum.

@Jimi...I don't have a video camera or a smart phone(not interested in having an appliance that is smarter than I am ;-)). But I approached my brother about a little studio time in his studio the other day. When he can spare some time to record me I will make an MP3 demo of her tonal qualities.

Keep on pickin'

• 1 month later...

Archived