Gibson Brands Forums

Am I doing something wrong??

Kaiser Bill

Yep...done that

If your computer is automatically deleting your internet history when you exit, it might be deleting the Gibson cookies too. Check your internet options to see if you have it set that way.

No.... its not that... I go for months on end without a problem... than all of a sudden none of my favorites sites have a clue as to who I am. I have to log in again and try to remember my pass word. Its a real pain.

Your ISP probably pushed some "upgrade" onto either your machine or your router. That usually craps all over yer cookies and such.

rct

It could be disk clean up/another clean up programme and it's set wrong. If you struggle with passwords. open a new folder on the desk top and put them in there. Name the folder something that you'll remember, eg, shopping list. Then hide it within another folder. eg, pics. You'll know where it is, but others won't. I've done it with my bank/insurance and passwords details and my eldest son knows where it is in case something should happen to me. eg, alien abduction!

If you struggle with passwords. open a new folder on the desk top and put them in there. Name the folder something that you'll remember, eg, shopping list. Then hide it within another folder. eg, pics. You'll know where it is, but others won't. I've done it with my bank/insurance and passwords details and my eldest son knows where it is in case something should happen to me. eg, alien abduction!

I do the same thing. Every website has different password parameters, at least one upper case and one lower case. one number. one special character. at least 10 characters. I can never remember every password.

Your ISP probably pushed some "upgrade" onto either your machine or your router. That usually craps all over yer cookies and such.

rct

@RCT,,I think you just gave me clue as to what happened to one of the state sites I go to from time to time{day job related},,I went to a site,,and a window popped up saying "untrusted connection",,and I thought "what"? its never done that before. And Ive no probs with ANY other sites I go to,,I tried to go to said site from many different search results,,instead of from bookmarks,,and it still did it. So I went to local library where Im at,,and tried again,,and boom,,,no probs. AAHH,,gotta love this techno age we live in,,I think Ill soak my modem in brake fluid for a few hrs and see if that helps.

The same thing always happens to me too - only this site, if I haven't logged on for about a week.

Maybe the cookies expire after a certain time, and you just need a new cookie, which means re-signing in?

RCT

That's great if you can log on at all. My problem - went through a half hour of BS this morning with my work machine even with great phone help from the designated tech - is not being able to log onto the work machine at all when it decides I'm some horrid hacker. Sheesh.

m

Archived