Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my first Les Paul

Greg1967

Sorry. What ever was I thinking! ;)

Congrats, man, nice Lester, HNGD! [thumbup]

Being an SG guy for 32 years and adding my first Les Paul just two years ago, I have to say I love them both. [wub][blush][rolleyes]

From my point of view, when about solidbodies, it's hard to do without the "Big Four" Telecaster, Les Paul, Stratocaster, and SG, in chronological order of appearance. Moreover, I am a piezo addict, but that's a different story, or more exactly four different stories, guess why... [biggrin]

I couldn't pass it up. My guy at Sweetwater knew I was in the market for one. Someone sent this one back. Had a tiny nick in the back of the headstock about 1/16" wide. Already touched it up with some flat white paint. Can barely see it. I jumped on it for 510.00. Its crazy what somebody will send back. Their loss my gain. I just ordered a pick guard for it.

You ordered what - a PICK GUARD? [scared] You want to drill two more holes into her? [crying]

OK, it's a solid coloured one, so I will make an exception. ;)

As far drilling and putting it on. That's a whole different story. It may just stay in the box and never get put on. We shall see.

As far drilling and putting it on. That's a whole different story. It may just stay in the box and never get put on. We shall see.

Personally, I would go sans guard. There are guards that don't require holes ... but don't ask me for a link :)

Two LPs of mine came with supplied pick guards including mounting hardware. Other than the guitars, they lead a comfortable shelf life 24/7. [laugh]

Archived