Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

Hey, podnah...so strange, just got an email from my rep...he said that he was out of the office and a collegue must have intercepted my email...He reminded me that the 'other company' does not have the Inspection plan offered by SW. And further indicated that said Co. Sometimes is not truthful as far as inventory is concerned, so he hopes I don't have to wait too long.He also mention they have No Firm Date of delivery and the item is still back ordered with Epiphone.

I told him I have a tracking # and ETA. From MF.

I also told him since I have heard so many positive things about SW Customer Service that I will be doing Business with them sometime in the future.Wish you luck...see you are a 'jersey boy' too... :-)

Peace, Luke

Hey Luke, yeah, Jersey boy through and through. Your rep wouldn't be Kurt would it? LOL I got almost the same line from the guy who picked up the phone. I get what they're saying. Who want's to loose that much money in sales. Hopefully it'll light a fire under their butts. Come tomorrow, I'll either have a definite answer from Sweetwater or a confirmation number from MF. BTW, I just double checked their 55 point thing. Nothing special and nothing I wouldn't do as a matter of course with a new git anyway. No biggie as long as MF is offering a 2 year warranty and free shipping as part of the deal. BTW if you're on Facebook, check out the Epiphone Les Paul Owners page. Warren Foil is the moderator. I think you'll like it. I'm Imorgg on that too. Cheers!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing! 17 left...free shipping extra 70 bucks for the 2 yr.warranty....Sweetwater ? WTF?Thanks Jeff.

You guys are KILLING me!!! I've got my credit card in hand and trying to wait until tomorrow. Don't know if I can hold out any longer.

1415055823[/url]' post='1586133']

Hey Luke, yeah, Jersey boy through and through. Your rep wouldn't be Kurt would it? LOL I got almost the same line from the guy who picked up the phone. I get what they're saying. Who want's to loose that much money in sales. Hopefully it'll light a fire under their butts. Come tomorrow, I'll either have a definite answer from Sweetwater or a confirmation number from MF. BTW, I just double checked their 55 point thing. Nothing special and nothing I wouldn't do as a matter of course with a new git anyway. No biggie as long as MF is offering a 2 year warranty and free shipping as part of the deal. BTW if you're on Facebook, check out the Epiphone Les Paul Owners page. Warren Foil is the moderator. I think you'll like it. I'm Imorgg on that too. Cheers!!

No, podnah, reps first name is Yuval...yup Yuval...nice Dude, his hands are tied though.Yeah, I was checking out the 55 point check thing on some guys from The Gear Page and one guy says 'yeah, they count each fret as a point.'

No, not on Facebook, but my wife is...I'll give the Epi Les Paul Owners page out manana.Keep us posted as to your decision.

I figured the Holidays are coming, delivery services are going to be backing up...stock of the EJ might deplete fast idk...just ruminating here...however Amazon had 22 EJs per Jeff , and last time I checked they were down to 17 cupla hrs. Ago...

Later, Luke

Another Jersey Boy here...Monmouth county.

I should have the total paid off by the end of November. If Sweetwater does not have them in by then, I will probably go to MF.

They can tell me all day long about their 55 point inpsection and that's nice that they do it, but until I inspect my own guitar, the fat lady hasn't left the building.

1415105430[/url]' post='1586325']

Another Jersey Boy here...Monmouth county.

I should have the total paid off by the end of November. If Sweetwater does not have them in by then, I will probably go to MF.

They can tell me all day long about their 55 point inpsection and that's nice that they do it, but until I inspect my own guitar, the fat lady hasn't left the building.

Keep us posted...NJ is going to 'represent' with the UJ s...one in every County...Oh Yeah!Mine is supposed to be delivered late afternoon on Thursday.

Luke

Keep us posted...NJ is going to 'represent' with the UJ s...one in every County...Oh Yeah!Mine is supposed to be delivered late afternoon on Thursday.

Luke

Good luck to you, Luke. I hope it's all you want it to be. :)

SWEET!!!! Got a phone call bright and early from my Sweetwater guy. He spoke to so and so and blah blah blah. They will be in anytime between now and the end of the year. I asked him to cancel my order and thanked him for his time. I went online to order my new baby from MF and there was a problem with a difference in my billing and shipping addresses. So I picked up the phone and called. I spoke to a lovely young lady named Lakin. After taking all my information and squared away my addresses, she informed me that she was going to apply a 15% coupon to my order AND drop the price for second day air to $10!!! Oh my god!! Such a deal!!! I told her I'd kiss her if she was in the room with me. Total out the door? $774.15!!! She said "Have a wonderful day" I said I am, I am!! I am a happy camper!! I'll post pic's as soon as I get it. Now the real waiting begins LOL.

SWEET!!!! Got a phone call bright and early from my Sweetwater guy. He spoke to so and so and blah blah blah. They will be in anytime between now and the end of the year. I asked him to cancel my order and thanked him for his time. I went online to order my new baby from MF and there was a problem with a difference in my billing and shipping addresses. So I picked up the phone and called. I spoke to a lovely young lady named Lakin. After taking all my information and squared away my addresses, she informed me that she was going to apply a 15% coupon to my order AND drop the price for second day air to $10!!! Oh my god!! Such a deal!!! I told her I'd kiss her if she was in the room with me. Total out the door? $774.15!!! She said "Have a wonderful day" I said I am, I am!! I am a happy camper!! I'll post pic's as soon as I get it. Now the real waiting begins LOL.

Lucky buggar!

I paid £679 / $1090 in the UK.

1415114643[/url]' post='1586404']

DUDE! I love you man...just called MF talked to a guy named Justin...GOT the same freakin' deal!!! 15% off Wot.a Deal....you the man....I'm glad you bailed with Sweetwater and got that deal...AND I Got it Too.

Also won 64 dollars on the pick six lottery today....that and the big coupon saving.....I smell more gear purchasing!Thanks again. They credited my MF credit card...mines due thurs...yours the same no?

Luke

DUDE! I love you man...just called MF talked to a guy named Justin...GOT the same freakin' deal!!! 15% off Wot.a Deal....you the man....I'm glad you bailed with Sweetwater and got that deal...AND I Got it Too.

Also won 64 dollars on the pick six lottery today....that and the big coupon saving.....I smell more gear purchasing!Thanks again. They credited my MF credit card...mines due thurs...yours the same no?

Luke

If it ships today, and it should, I'll have it Thursday as well. Congrats on scoring 15% off, and nailing the pick six for 4 numbers!!! This is a GOOD day my friend. Now when all of us Jersey boys get our gits we should hit an open mic and blow them away!! LOL someone pinch me!! I can't believe the long, long wait is finally over.

My UJ has been picked up by FedEx and will be in my hands Thursday 11/6/14. Sweetwater kept my order active with a note to call if I still wanted it before they shipped it. For some reason they had me down for two UJ's. I sent them an email canceling the orders. Hope they do, I'm not going to need three of them.

Euro...if you go with MF make sure you mention the 15% coupon.they gave Imorgg and me?...Good luck!Luke

Luke,

Thanks for the heads up! If I had all the money right now, I would be on the phone to MF right now. I believe I will have all the money in by month's end. Maybe MF will have a Black Friday deal.

Congradulations to both of you guys for scoring such a sweet deal from MF. That's just fantastic news! :)

Anyone got any string recommendations for the Frequensator? I sold my amp today (had a Gear4Music White Horse T64RS Half Stack - far too big for my needs these days) so I’m looking for a new practice amp.

I don't know what your price point is, but have you seen the Jackson Ampworks website?

My gear is getting too big for my live work as well...Diezel and Marshall. I will be going to a Jackson Ampworks Britain amp of either the 4.0 or 30 variety and a Matrix NL12 1x12 cab, which weighs in at 16 pounds.

Robbie Macintosh is using Jackson Ampworks Britain 4.0 amps.

As for strings, I have to use .007 to.034 gauge strings and since no one makes a set that light, I have to buy my stings one at a time and make sets myself. Sorry I can't be of help in this.

My UJ has reached The Great State of New Jersey at 10:23 am DST today...per UPS tracking...now on Sovereign soil.

Having a hell of a time loading pics on this site, I adjusted my Nikon to small pic, still coming up as too large when I tried a practice run last night. I have pics on Photobucket and can't get get them to transfer to this site from my iPad air.This is the only site I have probs with.

I had to use Meme to post pics of my 79 Gibson ' the SG' and my Epi LP pro plus top to this site.

Still working to get to post pics tomorrow eve. Or Friday afternoon when my guitar arrives...If I can' get my pics to post I'll resort to the old Meme trick. One way or another they will be there with a lowdown on any good/bad news with the guitar.

Luke

Anyone got any string recommendations for the Frequensator? I sold my amp today (had a Gear4Music White Horse T64RS Half Stack - far too big for my needs these days) so I’m looking for a new practice amp.

Im planning to use my usual dadarrio exl 110 when i have time to do a minor set up! I seriously cant recomend anything other than the vox vt series, i have the 120 set up at home for practice and the models it ofers are excellent for a wide range of styles even though it stays in ac30 most of the time. Its so close compared to my full ac30 its unreal! Plus with all the inbuilt effects you dont need to mess with pedals for just a quick go! I love it so much its completely taken over from my ac30, messa boogie and blues jr! I would have no worries gigging it!

Im planning to use my usual dadarrio exl 110 when i have time to do a minor set up! I seriously cant recomend anything other than the vox vt series, i have the 120 set up at home for practice and the models it ofers are excellent for a wide range of styles even though it stays in ac30 most of the time. Its so close compared to my full ac30 its unreal! Plus with all the inbuilt effects you dont need to mess with pedals for just a quick go! I love it so much its completely taken over from my ac30, messa boogie and blues jr! I would have no worries gigging it!

My UJ has reached The Great State of New Jersey at 10:23 am DST today...per UPS tracking...now on Sovereign soil.

Having a hell of a time loading pics on this site, I adjusted my Nikon to small pic, still coming up as too large when I tried a practice run last night. I have pics on Photobucket and can't get get them to transfer to this site from my iPad air.This is the only site I have probs with.

I had to use Meme to post pics of my 79 Gibson ' the SG' and my Epi LP pro plus top to this site.

Still working to get to post pics tomorrow eve. Or Friday afternoon when my guitar arrives...If I can' get my pics to post I'll resort to the old Meme trick. One way or another they will be there with a lowdown on any good/bad news with the guitar.

Luke

Mines still stuck in Memphis. I keep checking and checking. As far as the pics go, not sure how it works on this message board but on others I've had to knock the rez down quite a bit to get them to post.

Ferdasyn, I'm not sure with the frequensator (my first one) but normally I use D'Addario's on all my guitars, elec and acoustics. I'm trying the Ernie Balls on a few solid bodies and am pretty happy with them so far. I like the way you can get different gauges other than stock in the packs. On my Schecter Exotic, I'm using Skinny Top Fat Bottoms. Red pack I think and love them. Easy to bend the higher strings and a lot of bassey punch from the lower ones. They go from 10 to 56. FWIW.

Archived