Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

Just got an email from my Sweetwater guy...they have the Vox UJ reissue Wah and a UJ strap that he 'thought might go good with your new guitar' 'on sale' Shite, I went for both.. Bought them and am still ahead of the game money wise after the price reduction at MF.

Peace, Luke

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please pardon the intrusion folks but at least one negative in the thread is required.

I think the Union Jack Sheraton looks absolutely awful. I wouldn't be seen dead holding one of those freaks.

Now I am British and I am not unpatriotic but to emblazon a guitar with such an emblem strikes me as the epitome of bad taste. Yuk!

Please pardon the intrusion folks but at least one negative in the thread is required.

I think the Union Jack Sheraton looks absolutely awful. I wouldn't be seen dead holding one of those freaks.

Now I am British and I am not unpatriotic but to emblazon a guitar with such an emblem strikes me as the epitome of bad taste. Yuk!

Each to their own, i personally hate the look of the sg and all single cut hollows!

You can't please them all, all of the time!

It would be a pretty dull world if we all followed the same path!

Looks aside its a very good guitar!

1415217963[/url]' post='1587001']

Thank you, That was very nice of you to post such a lovely thought....

Now, be a nice boy and go back to the kitchen and lie down next to your food bowl.

NO!!! I don't believe I will pardon your intrusion Pinhead. First off you come in and disparage our choice in guitars without ANYONE asking for your opinion. Secondly, NO ONE cares what YOUR opinion is. Thirdly, you just severely pissed off three New Jersey boys, not a smart move. We have a saying here, "Opinions are like assholes". Take your asshole and climb back under whatever rock you crawled out from under and show a little respect. You clagtailed , plookie faced, glakit Jessie. Feckin numpty tossbag!!

1415230981[/url]' post='1587060']

NO!!! I don't believe I will pardon your intrusion Pinhead. First off you come in and disparage our choice in guitars without ANYONE asking for your opinion. Secondly, NO ONE cares what YOUR opinion is. Thirdly, you just severely pissed off three New Jersey boys, not a smart move. Fourth, in case you don't remember your history, we kicked your *** back to England because we were sick and tired of jerkoffs (wankers) like you, imposing your will over us. We have a saying here, "Opinions are like assholes". Take your asshole and climb back under whatever rock you crawled out from under and show a little respect. You clagtailed , plookie faced, glakit Jessie. Feckin numpty!!! In case you haven't figured it out, my people come from Scotland, and you know what kind of temper WE have, you hackit tossbag.

Don't hold back Imorgg, Tell him how you really feel!msp_laugh.gifHe's just a troll and Trolls should go back under the bridge where they belong.

There are some fine UK guys posting here, polite gentlemen,almost to a man.This loser is just an anomaly...he'd be looking for trouble no matter what roadside his litter was born.

Don't hold back Imorgg, Tell him how you really feel!msp_laugh.gifHe's just a troll and Trolls should go back under the bridge where they belong.

There are some fine UK guys posting here, polite gentlemen,almost to a man.This loser is just an anomaly...he'd be looking for trouble no matter what roadside his litter was born.

True that Luke. On a happier note, my "ugly" guitar has touched down in Newark!! YES!!! If it comes before I have to head out for work, I may just have to develop a cold. :D

I can think of some WORSE-looking flags to put on a guitar. Like sporting an AK-47? I think the Union Jack Sheraton is an acquired taste. I'm not ordering one (at least not yet) and am holding out hope for the Riviera Elitist.

I hope all these UJ's are perfect when they come in for you guys. I'm excited for you all.

I forget who posted about how ugly they thought the UJ was, but it was from another section on this forum, not posted here. I saw Pin's post. I don't know that it was he who posted in the other section, but I'm laughing. The post was something about how those UJ guys are so excited over an ugly guitar. Hey, anyone and everyone can buy a traditionally painted guitar in the usual color schemes, as I'm sure we all have. That to me is no big deal anymore. Now, after 58+ years of playing, I'm getting into stuff like the UJ. I have a signature guitar from the company I endorse from Europe that I had done with a golden dragon painted across the front and back, which is an original design idea I had, and two shell pink guitars. One of them, which I received two weeks ago is from Jeff Neville, who builds them from scratch. He even cuts down his own trees up in norther Michigan. avatar110816_1.gif

10599383_10201845391976709_1300403173850272232_n.jpg?oh=c7736d30e97bb9eabd76f41a7b740058&oe=54F3646F

I love the Union Jack flag and know that when I go out to work with my band, that I will be remembered for playing that guitar. I personally find it beautiful and unique. I learned a long time ago, when I bought a paisley telecaster not to worry about what others think. As it wound up, even some of the nay-sayers changed their mind about it later on.

I bought one of the UJ Vox wahs several weeks ago, but I'm holding off putting it on my pedalboard until after I get the guitar.

I'm still considering buying that $250 UJ leather strap I posted here two weeks ago.

When you all get your UJ's, I'll be interested to know how much each of them weighs, if that is possible.

1415278583[/url]' post='1587206']

I hope all these UJ's are perfect when they come in for you guys. I'm excited for you all.

I forget who posted about how ugly they thought the UJ was, but it was from another section on this forum, not posted here. I saw Pin's post. I don't know that it was he who posted in the other section, but I'm laughing. The post was something about how those UJ guys are so excited over an ugly guitar. Hey, anyone and everyone can buy a traditionally painted guitar in the usual color schemes, as I'm sure we all have. That to me is no big deal anymore. Now, after 58+ years of playing, I'm getting into stuff like the UJ. I have a signature guitar from the company I endorse from Europe that I had done with a golden dragon painted across the front and back, which is an original design idea I had, and two shell pink guitars. One of them, which I received two weeks ago is from Jeff Neville, who builds them from scratch. He even cuts down his own trees up in norther Michigan. avatar110816_1.gif

10599383_10201845391976709_1300403173850272232_n.jpg?oh=c7736d30e97bb9eabd76f41a7b740058&oe=54F3646F

I love the Union Jack flag and know that when I go out to work with my band, that I will be remembered for playing that guitar. I personally find it beautiful and unique. I learned a long time ago, when I bought a paisley telecaster not to worry about what others think. As it wound up, even some of the nay-sayers changed their mind about it later on.

I bought one of the UJ Vox wahs several weeks ago, but I'm holding off putting it on my pedalboard until after I get the guitar.

I'm still considering buying that $250 UJ leather strap I posted here two weeks ago.

When you all get your UJ's, I'll be interested to know how much each of them weighs, if that is possible.

Fine looking guitars Euro, I remember your post about the strap and you try to by one to match your guitars...That 250 buck strap is a work of art.Shipping weight on the UJ is 26 lbs but I think it was ascertained in a prior post somewhere that it would be weighing in at 8 lbs or so.My guitar is due late today so I don't know if I will be able to post wgt and other details this evening...tomorrow morn I am going Striper fishing at Island Beach State Park....so definitely will have details posted by friday evening.Luke

Fine looking guitars Euro, I remember your post about the strap and you try to by one to match your guitars...That 250 buck strap is a work of art.Shipping weight on the UJ is 26 lbs but I think it was ascertained in a prior post somewhere that it would be weighing in at 8 lbs or so.My guitar is due late today so I don't know if I will be able to post wgt and other details this evening...tomorrow morn I am going Striper fishing at Island Beach State Park....so definitely will have details posted by friday evening.Luke

Luke,

I hope you have a great day fishing. No worry about hurrying up the weight factor. If you are able to do it over the weekend sometime, I would appreciate it, and Thank You!.

I called MF just a few minutes ago to see if the UJ might be on sale with a special price on Black Friday, as I may have the money by then or really close to it. If the sale goes on for Black Friday, I might be able to get one then. They told me they have 11 left in stock but maybe getting another order. They don't know for sure about the next order, however. If I get one then, that would be great, but if not, I'll call Sweetwater and ask if I can get a Black Friday deal on a UJ, even if they don't have them in yet. I might as well see what I can do.

1415284766[/url]' post='1587251']

Luke,

I hope you have a great day fishing. No worry about hurrying up the weight factor. If you are able to do it over the weekend sometime, I would appreciate it, and Thank You!.

I called MF just a few minutes ago to see if the UJ might be on sale with a special price on Black Friday, as I may have the money by then or really close to it. If the sale goes on for Black Friday, I might be able to get one then. They told me they have 11 left in stock but maybe getting another order. They don't know for sure about the next order, however. If I get one then, that would be great, but if not, I'll call Sweetwater and ask if I can get a Black Friday deal on a UJ, even if they don't have them in yet. I might as well see what I can do.

Amazon is selling them thru music 123... They had 22 originally ...checked this morning they had 11 left.Those ugly guitars are good sellers...msp_drool.gif

James Burton had a paisley Tele no? When he was backing Elvis I think...cool guit...you have an eclectic collection. Stripers are hitting hard at the beach, 15 -25 lb. range...hope to get some nice fillets for dinner.!

NO!!! I don't believe I will pardon your intrusion Pinhead. First off you come in and disparage our choice in guitars without ANYONE asking for your opinion. Secondly, NO ONE cares what YOUR opinion is. Thirdly, you just severely pissed off three New Jersey boys, not a smart move. We have a saying here, "Opinions are like assholes". Take your asshole and climb back under whatever rock you crawled out from under and show a little respect. You clagtailed , plookie faced, glakit Jessie. Feckin numpty tossbag!!

ha! One. of.. the.. best.. replies.. ever...

Anyone got any string recommendations for the Frequensator? I sold my amp today (had a Gear4Music White Horse T64RS Half Stack - far too big for my needs these days) so I’m looking for a new practice amp.

I have got back to using D'Addario's again in the last few years. I was a die-hard Labella guy for a very long time but several years ago they made "improvements" and I jumped ship.

On my 62/50 Sheraton I started using the D'Addario EJ20's. They have a wound third and go 10-49. I like them very much; they sound fantastic and even when they are well used up have some redeeming value.

The Elixers were good strings on that guitar too but they were not lasting any longer than the other brands and at $14.00 a set I stopped using them. They came on the guitar from new. They are more 'mellow' than the D'Addario's… FWIW - For me when the coating started to wear off they got crappy sounding.

The great thing about strings these days is that any name brand is more than likely a good string. You can hardly go wrong trying them all. My only advice would be not to read something or take a recommendation from someone and go out and buy 6 sets of string 'X' without using them yourself. Just get one set and see what you think. I, on the recommendation of my father did that with sets of EB's and even though they were fine strings I just could not bond with them. Ended up giving most of them away…

In the amp department I would check out the Roland Cube 30. I don't own one but I use a friends regularly. The thing sounds great! I would even use it to gig with!

Good luck with your new guitar, you are going to love it!

jv

After 10 months of waiting, my new baby has arrived. Set up right out of the box was spot on. Frequensater or stripes don't line up just right and there's a wee bit of dodgy paint on the left side F hole but not enough to put me off of it. Plays and sounds like a dream. A lot of different tones are available by the twist of a knob and a flick of the switch. Definitely worth the wait, especially with 15% off!! FWIW it weighs in at 8 Lbs 1 oz.

post-67800-078084200 1415305460_thumb.jpg

post-67800-053987500 1415305469_thumb.jpg

post-67800-010288700 1415305477_thumb.jpg

post-67800-083924300 1415305484_thumb.jpg

post-67800-014579700 1415305499_thumb.jpg

post-67800-098299800 1415305511_thumb.jpg

post-67800-084646300 1415305519_thumb.jpg

post-67800-037434000 1415305531_thumb.jpg

The Eagle Has Landed..

I cannot find any fault with it...the F -hole painting is near perfect..and not a nick or scratch anywhere..the action is perfect.... If was even in almost perfect tune when it arrived about tens minutes ago.Reading the serial # it indicates it was made in August of 2014.As I was waiting for the rumble of the UPS truck I was perusing some of the guitars received early on on the Epiphone UJ site someone posted on this site...OMG, I feel for some of those people that got the early ones...I was sweating bullets looking at those pics and reading the comments of the peeps that recd some of those badly painted and otherwise flawed guitars after waiting for soooo long.

I am going up to my music room where my 65 Blackface Princeton reverb is to plug this baby in and put it through some moves...I still can't get over the set -up on this baby...I might have to do a minor tweak here and there but I NEVER had a guitar play so nice right out of the box other than my butterscotch MIM fender Tele with the noiseless Pups tgt I got two years ago this month from MF.One issue so far is a eraser size scuff of the case toward the top that might have happened in Transit...not going to make a stink about that.

Again, the paint is near flawless, I'm thinking it's not so much the painters fault on the F-holes, rather than the fact that the f-holes weren't smoothed enough on some ofthe earlier ones thus making the painters job a bit more challenging.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow and a follow up on any issues that might crop up.Right now, as it stands, with the 15 % price reduction off of 899.00 i think this guitar was well worth the wait.

Peace, Luke

Thank you very much Jeff. I spent a good three hours getting acquainted. Well worth the wait and much more than I had hoped for. I'm starting to dig the wonky F hole. It makes mine unique.

Congrats Luke! Can't wait to see pics of UJ and stripers. Knock em dead.

Congradulations Imorgg and Luke! I'm so happy that you guys finally got your guitars and they are all you expected.

The pictures are wonderful to look at! Thank you for posting them Imorgg! :)

Enjoy them, both of you. :)

Imorgg, and Luke,

How does the neck feel on your new UJ's? Does the guitar neck have big shoulders? Is the neck thin, "D" shaped? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Stephen

The shoulders feel big me me, mainly due to not having much experience with the shape.

I find it quite difficult accessing the higher frets.

[quote name=

' timestamp='1415378814' post='1587720]

The shoulders feel big me me, mainly due to not having much experience with the shape.

I find it quite difficult accessing the higher frets.

Thanks, Ferdasyn. The higher frets will tend to feel harder to access, but it does take some time to get used to the feel. Sometimes, your thumb cannot find a comfortable place to be up there.

Imorrg and Euro....the neck seems fine to me....I havent really worked out on the upper registers, last night I was just playing below fifth fret'Cowboy Chords' just to check the electronics...The neck is different from any of my guitars, this is only my second Epi.\The electronics passed muster I simply love this guitar...reminds me a bit of my Ric 360/12 in size and feel except the neck of the Ric is profoundly thinner/....

Now comes the big question? WTF HAPPENED TO THIS SITE?!!!

Last night on my last post, it was the same old site...Now, no more Avatar, no post count, can we still post pics?

I remember Gearslutz did this a few months ago...

was there any warning?

Id like to get some pics up of my UJ.... Am I the only one that this is happening to?

Feel like I am in The Twilight Zone.

BTW Got 3 nice Stripers between us this morn at about 5 am to 630 am!

Archived