Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Epiphone Union Jack Sheraton waiting thread

sdgails

Mine arrived a week ago and I'm very happy with it. I can't find any faults in either the finish or the playability.

Pre-ordered from Dawsons Music UK back in March.

I'm glad to hear you love yours Ferdasyn. :) You must feel relieved having received yours already. Some of us here are getting a lot more excited, knowing the due date is approaching rapidly, and wondering how ours will look upon receipt of the guitar.

My greatest fear at this point is not getting one I'll be happy with, and knowing that if I return it, they all might be spoken for, before I can get another one.

I'm sure my fears are unfounded. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just traded emails with my Sweetwater rep.

"We are being told any day now they should start filtering in. I will be in touch as soon as they drop. I think we are close."

Been hearing that for a while now. We'll see. If it wasn't for their 55 point inspection and an additional 2 year warranty, I'd be going to MF for sure.

1414786634[/url]' post='1584723']

Just traded emails with my Sweetwater rep.

"We are being told any day now they should start filtering in. I will be in touch as soon as they drop. I think we are close."

Been hearing that for a while now. We'll see. If it wasn't for their 55 point inspection and an additional 2 year warranty, I'd be going to MF for sure.

I heard almost the same words verbatim earlier today....We probably have the same rep...

Ditto on the reasons why I won't go to MF ....free shipping, warranty, inspection...but I do have one in the cart at MF and ready to defect.....my MF credit card is getting dusted off.

I heard almost the same words verbatim earlier today....We probably have the same rep...

Ditto on the reasons why I won't go to MF ....free shipping, warranty, inspection...but I do have one in the cart at MF and ready to defect.....my MF credit card is getting dusted off.

I'll give Sweetwater until the end of next week. The UJ has obviously hit the states now. Sweetwater updated their UJ page with 8 additional pictures so I'm thinking they must have at least a few of them on hand. According to my rep I'm 15th in line for one. From what I've seen in these posts and other sites, some retailers are getting shipped lots of 10 and some lots of 30. If Sweetwater's only getting 10 in, I'm screwed. If that's the case I'm not waiting until the first of the year. I'll cancel with them and join you at MF.

1414795105[/url]' post='1584774']

It's great to see that your patience paid off, guys. I'm anxious to see some of your pics when the guitars start arriving to your front door!

Of course Jeff, If I am too old and feeble to take the picture when it arrives, I'll make sure my Caregiver at The Old Folks Home posts a picture after she spoon feeds me my soup. :-)

1414793938[/url]' post='1584767']

FWIW Guitar Center now has them in stock as well. I guess Sweetwater's the red headed stepchild with Epiphone.

Just called Guitar Center...the one about 5 minutes from my house says they could have one at the store in 3-5 days...Pro: I could check it out thoroughly in person before taking it home.Con: another $50 + in State Tax added to the price.Decisions...Decisions.

Just called Guitar Center...the one about 5 minutes from my house says they could have one at the store in 3-5 days...Pro: I could check it out thoroughly in person before taking it home.Con: another $50 + in State Tax added to the price.Decisions...Decisions.

Same thought crossed my mind. An additional $63 here in Jersey. I'm looking at it this way, I've never been burned by Sweetwater, and I've waited this long, I might as well wait another week. After all sixty three bucks is sixty three bucks, and the aforementioned extras from Sweetwater. Add a 2 year warranty to it at GC and it jumps another $120 on top of the sales tax and I'm looking at another $200. Yeah I think I'll wait.

1414801441[/url]' post='1584807']

Never a bad experience from Sweetwater. Three guitars and 1 microphone.

There is a current thread on The Gear Page site regarding Sweetwater Customer Service ...40 + posts and all positive...The only negative seems to be that they call you a lot after your purchase, some labeled it stalking...sounds like a harsh word.This is my first item ordered so I can't make comment...anybody have any feedback besides what was previously posted on this thread.Thanks, Luke.

I am not sure who already knows this or not but the same corporation that owns Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend, Music123, and I think Sweetwater. They have a huge warehouse in Kansas that employs over 1000 employees. That is how they can guarantee lowest price matched because they own most all of the internet companies that sell instruments. All of those company's get their inventory from that same warehouse.........

1414853619[/url]' post='1585011']

I am not sure who already knows this or not but the same corporation that owns Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend, Music123, and I think Sweetwater. They have a huge warehouse in Kansas that employs over 1000 employees. That is how they can guarantee lowest price matched because they own most all of the internet companies that sell instruments. All of those company's get their inventory from that same warehouse.........

I knew about GC and MF but I didn't know about the others....thanks.I think they are also moving to a larger Warehouse location too.Seems like I heard that The GC part of the org. Is experiencing some financial difficulties....

Got an email from Musicians Friend yesterday afternoon stating UJ was in stock...offering 2 year warranty...free shipping, no tax, 18 month no interest financing....Do I want to order??? E-mailed my rep at sweetwater letting him no my intentions and can he give me a ballpark shipping date....no reply,

Bye bye Sweetwater...nice knowin' ' ya, Just got order confirmation from MF...shipping on Tuesday,Will post pics.Peace Luke

Just heard from MF...order was shipped this afternoon rather than Tuesday....Still haven't heard a response from my Sweetwater rep after E mailing him Fri. Requesting an ET of shipment.

Glad I made my decision.

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping to get a 'keeper' from MF.

To be continued. :-)

Peace,Luke

Well mark me down as a sucker. Just spoke to another rep at Sweetwater. Still no answer but they're making a request to Epi about expected due date. Just got home from work and missed the cut off for shipping from MF today, so I'll wait until tomorrow to hear back from Sweetwater. They've always have treated me good in the past, but I let them know if they don't have an answer for me tomorrow, I'm going somewhere else. It's amazing how a company as well respected as Sweetwater is getting hosed by Epi, or are the hosing me? I'm a loyal customer, but only for so long. Hope didn't I didn't shoot myself in the foot for waiting one more day.

Good luck Luke! Can't wait to see the pics!!

1415050931[/url]' post='1586086']

Well mark me down as a sucker. Just spoke to another rep at Sweetwater. Still no answer but they're making a request to Epi about expected due date. Just got home from work and missed the cut off for shipping from MF today, so I'll wait until tomorrow to hear back from Sweetwater. They've always have treated me good in the past, but I let them know if they don't have an answer for me tomorrow, I'm going somewhere else. It's amazing how a company as well respected as Sweetwater is getting hosed by Epi, or are the hosing me? I'm a loyal customer, but only for so long. Hope didn't I didn't shoot myself in the foot for waiting one more day.

Good luck Luke! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Hey, podnah...so strange, just got an email from my rep...he said that he was out of the office and a collegue must have intercepted my email...He reminded me that the 'other company' does not have the Inspection plan offered by SW. And further indicated that said Co. Sometimes is not truthful as far as inventory is concerned, so he hopes I don't have to wait too long.He also mention they have No Firm Date of delivery and the item is still back ordered with Epiphone.

I told him I have a tracking # and ETA. From MF.

I also told him since I have heard so many positive things about SW Customer Service that I will be doing Business with them sometime in the future.Wish you luck...see you are a 'jersey boy' too... :-)

Peace, Luke

Archived